Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Fun Weekend

Had a great time this past weekend. I mean who knew I could top the ultra exciting night with the vacuum but we did have a very packed weekend.

On Saturday we went to Red Robin with some friends and then back over to their house for games and snacks. They taught us how to play Caddie. It's a very fun card game. Similar to 21 only you have to get 31. They typically play with quarters but since we had kids playing we played with chocolate chips. Then we played Apples to Apples, another fun game. I had never played this game before but apparently it is all the rage! A great family game for those of you looking for a Christmas gift. Make sure you get the Jr. version, kids 7 and older can play. I had to go out and buy it, we enjoyed it so much. We had a great time with our friends.

Sunday night Paul and I and Dan and Darcie went to dinner at PF Chang's(just an FYI- they take reservations). Then we went to see Brian Regan live. I had never heard of him prior to Darcie telling us about him. Let me just say, he was hysterical. I laughed so hard I was crying a couple of times! Plus the nice thing was he did not use one swear word and he didn't talk about anything sleazy. You could definitely watch his DVD at home with the kids. In fact I went to his website and Andrew thought he was so funny. We had a great night.

So now we are coming upon Thanksgiving. I feel we truly have so much to be thankful for. Looking forward to Turkey Day with family. Hope you all have a very happy Thanksgiving.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH your game night sounds like it was F-U-N! and BR is a total hoot! I am so going the next time...
I agree... so very much to be grateful for.
Hugs to you and your family

~Karrilee~ from Abiding Love, Abounding Grace said...

An Update! And more info on Brain than Darcie gave me... although - no actual quotes?! What's up with that?! We KNOW he is funny... but what did he say!??!?! LOL?!

We played Apples to Apples with Darcie on our Girls Trip... so - did you all play the right way - where you defend why your word should be chosen?! I think that makes it more funner... although - it could get ugly depending on who you are playing with! LOL!

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday... so much to be thankful for... I pray you have a great day and enjoy counting your many blessings with the fam'!

~Karri~

Anonymous said...

We had a blast with you guys Sunday night, let's go see him in SLC in January, LOL!!! Really, I might go....

pure pork, lol!

We need to have a game night here, apples to apples, mexican train, all good games and I'm pretty sure we can beat our hubbys too. :o)

Anonymous said...

WOW Pork...between vacuums and Brian...what else could you ask for in a weekend??!?

The games sound like a lot of F-U-N!!! I just ordered about four new games for the kids for Christmas. Love a new, different, fun to play game! We still have to play Mexican train one of these days too!

Now, tomorrow, don't be too sad when the focus is on TURKEY and NOT pork. We still love you!

Long Live The Pork.