Tuesday, November 07, 2006

My husband

I love my husband, okay not in a corny, gaze into his eyes longingly way but in a very real way. We just celebrated our 12 year anniversary on Sunday! Twelve years! My dad always likes to say that it's 11 years and 11 months longer than he thought it would last. He changes it every year. Don't get me wrong my dad loves Paul but our marriage wasn't ideal. We were both very young and I was 5 months pregnant when we got married. At our wedding, Paul bawled like a baby during his vows(not necessarily a good sign). We still laugh about that.

The first 5-7 years of our marriage were hard!!! Paul was working full time and finishing college at night. I was working and raising our kids. We had no time for ourselves and we were both jealous of one another. I was jealous because he was out there in the adult world and I was home alone with 2 kids. He was jealous because he was working his butt off plus going to school while I got to spend time with the kids. We were immature and made a lot of mistakes. There were times when it would have been so easy to just call it quits but we stuck it out (counseling helped as well as a lot of prayers!)

I can honestly say that the past 5 years have been great. I didn't say perfect but very rewarding. I have grown to love and respect my husband more than I ever thought possible. He is hardworking, smart and very dedicated to our family. What he lacks in the romance department he makes up for in the way he has provided for our family. He makes me laugh all the time and he is definitely the steady in my sometimes chaotic world. He is a wonderful father and I feel very blessed to have reached this place in our marriage. I'm looking forward to many more years with this man.

I have always admired the love and the relationship that my parents have for each other. They have been married almost 36 years. I would like to pattern my relationship with Paul after their marriage and I believe that is very possible.

46 comments:

~Karrilee~ from Abiding Love, Abounding Grace said...

Happy Anniversary!

I think that is great... that you are doing so well and that you have stuck it out through the hard times! Congratulations!!!

~Karri~

Anonymous said...

oink oink.

Anonymous said...

OK, couldn't resist that one pork. Wink wink.

Happy Anniversary! What a wonderful story...marriage is hard! Good for you guys for making it work even through the not-so-fun times. Aren't making stupid mistakes just part of the first years of marriage??!? hee hee.

Corinna said...

Happy, happy anniversary!
and gee.... wouldn't it be nice to have a picture of you half sitting on your husbands lap with your hand on his face... to show just how much you L-O-V-E each other???

ha ha... I crack myself up... I am squealing like a pig over here!
ROTFLMBO

Anonymous said...

Hi Kori,

Happy Anniversary!!!!! Many more to come.

Love Rachel

Anonymous said...

Gee Kori, don't you two always sit around gazing into one another's eyes? Why would you NOT pick THAT picture? It sounds fabulous, LOL!!!! happy late anniversary, we love you guys! And now a special anniversary song for you...

Firehouse - When I Look Into Your Eyes

I see forever when I look in your eyesYour all I ever
wanted. I always want you to be mineLet's make a
promise till the end of timeWe'll always be together,
and out love will never dieSo here we are face to
face and heart to heartI wan't you to know we will
never be apartNow I believe that wishes can come true'Cause I see my whole world. I see only youWhen I look into your eyesI can see how much I love
youAnd it makes me realizeWhen I look into your
eyesI see all my dreams come trueWhen I look into
your eyesI've looked for you all of my lifeNow that I've found you, we will never say goodbyeI
can't stop this feeling, there's nothing I can do'Cause I see everything, when I look at youWhen I look into your eyesI can see how much I love
youAnd it makes me realizeWhen I look into your
eyesI see all my dreams come trueWhen I look into
your eyesOhhhhWhen I look into your
eyesI can see how much I love you and it makes me
realizeWhen I look into your eyesWe will always be
together, and our love will never dieWhen I look into your
eyesI see all my dreams come true, when I look into your
eyesWhen I look into your eyes

Anonymous said...

Or maybe you like this song better? Maybe you could have a special cd full of "eye gazing songs" to play on those crazy anniversary nights so you don't wake the kids, LOL!!!

PETER GABRIEL
"In Your Eyes"

love I get so lost, sometimes
days pass and this emptiness fills my heart
when I want to run away
I drive off in my car
but whichever way I go
I come back to the place you are

all my instincts, they return
and the grand facade, so soon will burn
without a noise, without my pride
I reach out from the inside

in your eyes
the light the heat
in your eyes
I am complete
in your eyes
I see the doorway to a thousand churches
in your eyes
the resolution of all the fruitless searches
in your eyes
I see the light and the heat
in your eyes
oh, I want to be that complete
I want to touch the light
the heat I see in your eyes

love, I don't like to see so much pain
so much wasted and this moment keeps slipping away
I get so tired of working so hard for our survival
I look to the time with you to keep me awake and alive

and all my instincts, they return
and the grand facade, so soon will burn
without a noise, without my pride
I reach out from the inside

in your eyes
the light the heat
in your eyes
I am complete
in your eyes
I see the doorway to a thousand churches
in your eyes
the resolution of all the fruitless searches
in your eyes
I see the light and the heat
in your eyes
oh, I want to be that complete
I want to touch the light,
the heat I see in your eyes
in your eyes in your eyes
in your eyes in your eyes
in your eyes in your eyes

Anonymous said...

Are you gonna update before next Tuesday?! Or, should I keep coming up with songs for you?!

Anonymous said...

Angel Eyes
~ The Jeff Healey Band

Girl, you're looking fine tonight,
and every guy has got you in his sights
What you're doing with a clown like me,
is surely one of life's little mysteries

So tonight I'll ask the stars above,
"How did I ever win your love?"
What did I do?
What did I say,
to turn your angel eyes my way?

Well, I'm the guy who never learned to dance,
never even got one second glance
Across a crowded room was close enough,
I could look but I could never touch

So tonight I'll ask the stars above,
"How did I ever win your love?"
What did I do?
What did I say,
to turn your angel eyes my way?

Don't anyone wake me,
if it's just a dream
'Cause she's the best thing,
that's ever happened to me

All you fellows, you can look all you like,
but this girl, you see, she's leavin' here with me tonight

There's just one more thing that I have to know,
if this is love why does it scare me so?
It must be something only you can see,
'cause girl I feel it when you look at me

So tonight I'll ask the stars above,
"How did I ever win your love?"
What did I do?
What did I say,
to turn your angel eyes my way?

Anonymous said...

Artist: Eyeopener
Song: Hungry Eyes

I feel the magic,
(I Feel the magic)
(Between you and I.....)

I've been meaning to tell you
I've got this feelin' that won't subside
I look at you and I fantasize
You're mine tonight
Now I've
got you in my sights

[Chorus: A]
With these
hungry eyes
One look at you and I can't disguise
I've got
hungry eyes
I feel the magic between you and I
I've got
hungry eyes
One look at you and I can't disguise
I've got
hungry eyes
I feel the magic between you and I

I feel the magic, I feel the magic,
I feel the magic between you and I

wanna hold you so hear me out
I wanna show you what love's all about
Darlin' tonight
Now I've
got you in my sights

[Chorus: B]
With these
hungry eyes
One look at you and I can't disguise
I've got
hungry eyes
I feel the magic between you and I
I've got
hungry eyes
now i got you in my sights
With these
hungry eyes
now I can take you by surprise
hungry eyes
One look at you and I can't disguise
I've got
hungry eyes
I feel the magic between you and I

I feel the magic, I feel the magic,
I feel the magic between you and I

Anonymous said...

Private Eyes
Hall & Oates

I see you, you see me
Watch you blowin the lines when youre making a scene
Oh girl, youve got to know
What my head overlooks
The senses will show to my heart
When its watching for lies
You cant escape my
Private eyes
Theyre watching you
They see your every move
Private eyes
Theyre watching you
Private eyes
Theyre watching you watching you watching you watching you

You play with words you play with love
You can twist it around baby that aint enough
Cause girl Im gonna know
If youre letting me in or letting me go
Dont lie when youre hurting inside
cause you cant escape my
Private eyes
Theyre watching you
They see your every move
Private eyes
Theyre watching you
Private eyes
Theyre watching you watching you watching you watching you

Why you try to put up a front for me
Im a spy but on your side you see
Slip on, into any disguise
Ill still know you
Look into my private eyes

Anonymous said...

You should update, I can find hundreds of songs about "eyes" LOL!!!!

Anonymous said...

Apparently you are a glutton for punishment, LOL!?!


Brown Eyed Girl
Van Morrison

Hey, where did we go
Days when the rains came ?
Down in the hollow
Playing a new game,
Laughing and a-running, hey, hey,
Skipping and a-jumping
In the misty morning fog with
Our, our hearts a-thumping
And you, my brown-eyed girl,

You, my brown-eyed girl.
Whatever happened
To tuesday and so slow
Going down to the old mine with a
Transistor radio.
Standing in the sunlight laughing
Hide behind a rainbows wall,
Slipping and a-sliding
All along the waterfall
With you, my brown-eyed girl,
You, my brown-eyed girl.

Do you remember when we used to sing
Sha la la la la la la la la la la dee dah
Just like that
Sha la la la la la la la la la la dee dah
La dee dah.

So hard to find my way
Now that Im all on my own.
I saw you just the other day,
My, how you have grown!
Cast my memory back there, lord,
Sometime Im overcome thinking about
Making love in the green grass
Behind the stadium
With you, my brown-eyed girl,
You, my brown-eyed girl.

Do you remember when we used to sing
Sha la la la la la la la la la la dee dah
Laying in the green grass
Sha la la la la la la la la la la dee dah
Dee dah dee dah dee dah dee dah dee dah dee
Sha la la la la la la la la la la la la
Dee dah la dee dah la dee dah la
D-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d...

Anonymous said...

Okay now, 13 comments!? this is about the time you usually decide to update, so let's go, LOL!! If not I'll be back after lunch to leave more "eye" songs....

Anonymous said...

Perhaps the two of you can stop gazing into each others eyes for long enough to update the blog! Yes? Oink? Oink? Meow??

Anonymous said...

JUSTIN GUARINI
My Eyes Adore You

Hmmmm ya

My Eyes Adored Ya
Ya ya

Girl, You're Deep inside each day
Waiting for the courage that never came
You went on your way without a clue
That these adoring eyes, They longed for you

I tried to get real close to you
Hoping that you would see through my disguise
And some how you know that I

-Chorus-
I adored you
Though I've never layed my hands on you
My eyes adored you
Like you couldnt see a million miles away
How I adored ya
So close, so close
So close and yet so far
-=-

You looked at me and saw a friend
You told me things at night
Have to pretend
That you didnt mean the world to me
And all the while behid the scenes
I cried with you, relived your every dream
(yes I did)
In reality, your hopes fell through
Your dreams ran wild at nighttime too
So tell me tell me baby
Was I a fool, Do Your eyes adore me too?

-Chorus-
-=-
Oh yea
-Guitar Solo-

I adored Ya
My Eyes Adore Ya

-Chorus-

~Karrilee~ from Abiding Love, Abounding Grace said...

Please, Kori, for the love of God and all that is holy... update before we get more lyrics?!

~K~

Anonymous said...

Okay, you should hav ebeen home all day with your sick little one. Surely she took at least a short nap & you could have updated!?

This is just getting silly now Kori, why are you tormenting me like this, lol!?! Are you trying to beat my all time high of 41 comments again? I could just post single words in comments to run it up, or perhaps 25 more songs?

let's go-UPDATE!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

The Eagles
~Lying Eyes

City girls just seem to find out early how to open doors with just a smile.
A rich old man and she won't have to worry. She'll dress up all in lace and go in style.
Late at night a big old house gets lonely, I guess every form of refuge has its price.
And it breaks her heart to think her love is only given to a man with hands as cold as ice.
So she tells him she must go out for the evening to comfort an old friend who's feeling down.
But he knows where she's going as she's leaving, she’s headed for the cheating side of town.
You can't hide your lying eyes and your smile is a thin disguise.
I thought by now you'd realize, there ain't no way to hide your lying eyes.

On the other side of town a boy is waiting with fiery eyes and dreams no one could steal.
She drives on through the nice anticipating cause he makes her feel the way she used to feel.
She rushes to his arms, they fall together. She whispers that it's only for awhile.
She swears that soon she'll be coming back forever, she pulls away and leaves him with a smile.
You can't hide your lying eyes and your smile is a thin disguise.
I thought by now you'd realize, there ain't no way to hide your lying eyes.

She gets up and pours herself a strong one and stares out at the stars up in the sky.
Another night, it's gonna be a long one, she draws the shade and hangs her head to cry.
She wonders how it ever got this crazy, she thinks about a boy she knew in school.
Did she get tired or did she just get lazy? She's so far gone she feels just like a fool.
My, oh my, you sure know how to arrange things, you set it up so well, so carefully.
Ain't it funny how your new life didn't change things,
you're still the same old girl you used to be.
You can't hide your lying eyes and your smile is a thin disguise.
I thought by now you'd realize, there ain't no way to hide your lying eyes.
There ain't no way to hide your lying eyes. Honey, you can't hide your lying eyes.

Anonymous said...

For Your Eyes Only
From the Movie "For Your Eyes Only"
~Sheena Easton

For your eyes only
Can see me through the night
For your eyes only
I never need to hide
You can see so much in me
So much in me that's new
I never felt until I looked at you
For your eyes only, only for you
You see what no one else can see
And no one breaking free
For your eyes only, only for you

But love, I know you needed me
The fantasy you freed in my
Only for you, only for you
For your eyes only
The nights are never cold
You really know me
That's all need to know
Maybe I'm an open book
Because I know you're mine
But you won't need to read
Between the lines

For your eyes only, only for you
You see what no one else can see
No one breaking free
For your eyes only, only for you
The passions that collide in me
Wild abandon side of me
Only for you, for your eyes only

Anonymous said...

LOST IN YOUR EYES
~Debbie Gibson

I get lost, in your eyes
And I feel my spirits rise
And soar like the wind
Is it love that I am in?
I get weak in a glance
Isn't this what's called romance?
And that's what I know
Cause when I'm lost
I can't let go

(Chorus)
I don't mind
Not knowing what I'm headed for
You can take me to the skies
It's like being lost in heaven
When (and) I'm lost in your eyes

I just felt
Don't know why
Something is there
We can't deny
Ooh, when I first knew
Was when I first looked at you
And if I
Can't find my way
If salvation
Seems miles away
Oh, I'll be found
When I'm lost in your eyes

(Repeat Chorus)

I get weak in a glance
Isn't this what's called romance
Oh, I'll be found
When I am lost
In your eyes.

Anonymous said...

Black Eye
~Millencolin

So now I got a black eye
Even though I never got smacked
But if I get a retry
Then I will try to give back
Your were the one who got jacked
And I hope you will forgive me
For whenever I capsize

I know that you can see it in my eyes
I'm not myself right now
My biggest problem is to compromise
But I'm sure I would know how
I show my tragedy with my black eye

I've been the one to deny
Everything that you do
I said its all a big lie
Always questioning you
Even though youve been true
And I know that I've been nothing more
Than just a jealous guy

But everybodys talking about you
All the time about things you do
And thats the only time I do realize
That I do love being close to you
And everybodys laughing with you
Guess that's the thing that I just can't stand
I'm selfish more than I am a man

Anonymous said...

Words and music by Sheb Wooley.

Lyrics to Purple People Eater.

Well I saw the thing comin' out of the sky
It had the one long horn, one big eye.
I commenced to shakin' and I said "ooh-eee"
It looks like a purple people eater to me.

It was a one-eyed, one-horned, flyin' purple people eater.
(one-eyed, one-horned, flyin' purple people eater)
A one-eyed one-horned, flyin' puple people eater
Sure looks stange to me. (one eye?)

Well he came down to earth and lit in a tree
I said Mr. Purple People Eater don't eat me
I heard him say in a voice so gruff
I wouldn't eat you cuz you're so tough





It was a one-eyed, one-horned flyin' purple people eater
one-eyed, one-horned flyin' purple people eater
one-eyed, one-horned flyin' purple people eater
Sure looks strange to me. (one horn?)

I said Mr. Purple People Eater, what's your line
He said it's eatin' purple people and it sure is fine
But that's not the reason that I came to land
I wanna get a job in a rock and roll band

Well bless my soul, rock and roll, flying purple
people eater. Pidgeon-toed, undergrowed, flyin'
purple people eater (we wear short shorts)
Flyin' purple people eater
sure looks strange to me.

And then he swung from the tree and lit on the
ground. He started to rock, really rockin' around
It was a crazy little ditty with a swingin' tune
(sing aboop boop aboopa lopa lum bam boom)

Well, bless my soul, rock and roll
flyin' purple people eater.
Pigeon-toed, undergrowed, flyin' purple peopleeater.
Flyin' little people eater
Sure looks strange to me. (purple people?)

And then he went on his way, and then what do
you know. I saw him last night on a TV show.
He was blowing it out, a'really knockin' em dead
Playin' rock and roll music through the horn in
his head (clarinet solo) ( Tequila)

Corinna said...

Gee with all these songs one might think you like to party?

Anonymous said...

I have to say to Chuck: can we get these songs added to our CD because I happen to like these songs about eyes!

Pork: grab some shake and bake and type a few bacon-flavored words or the lyrics will take over the world and there will be no other white meat around!!!!!!!

The Beeler Family said...

Can't Take My Eyes Off You
by Frankie Valli

You're just too good to be true.
Can't take my eyes off you.
You'd be like Heaven to touch.
I wanna hold you so much.
At long last love has arrived
And I thank God I'm alive.
You're just too good to be true.
Can't take my eyes off you.

Pardon the way that I stare.
There's nothing else to compare.
The sight of you leaves me weak.
There are no words left to speak,
But if you feel like I feel,
Please let me know that it's real.
You're just too good to be true.
Can't take my eyes off you.

I love you, baby,
And if it's quite alright,
I need you, baby,
To warm a lonely night.
I love you, baby.
Trust in me when I say:
Oh, pretty baby,
Don't bring me down, I pray.
Oh, pretty baby, now that I found you, stay
And let me love you, baby.
Let me love you.

You're just too good to be true.
Can't take my eyes off you.
You'd be like Heaven to touch.
I wanna hold you so much.
At long last love has arrived
And I thank God I'm alive.
You're just too good to be true.
Can't take my eyes off you.

I love you, baby,
And if it's quite alright,
I need you, baby,
To warm a lonely night.
I love you, baby.
Trust in me when I say:
Oh, pretty baby,
Don't bring me down, I pray.
Oh, pretty baby, now that I found you, stay..

The Beeler Family said...

I've got my eyes on you
~Jessica Simpson


Aww yeah, come on now
Aww yeah
-Repeat 3X-
uh ow

Boy I’ve been watchin you
And you’ve been watchin me
I know you want me baby
I’m gonna make you see
I’ll give you whatcha need
I know the way you feel
I’ll take you higher baby
I want you here with me

Everything you say
Everything you do
Makes me go crazy baby
I want you
You have turned me on
And that’s the way it is
Nothin could be better than this

Chorus:
I’ve got my eyes on you
I’m gonna move ya
I’m gonna groove ya
Tonight is the night
I’ve got my eyes on you
I know you want me
Nobody can stop me
The feelin is right
(Aww yeah, uh ow)

See now I’m here for you
And you are here for me
I’m gonna show you boy
That we were meant to be
I’ve never been so sure
And now I want you more
Why don’t you give it up
I’m gonna set you free now

Everything you say
Everything you do
Makes me go crazy baby
I want you
You have turned me on
And that’s the way it is
Nothin could be better than this

Chorus X 2

Don’t you know I go crazy for you baby
(I go crazy baby)
Can’t you see we were meant to be
Cuz everything you say
Everything you do
Makes me go crazy baby
I want you, oh yeah

Chorus X 3

I’ve got my eyes on you

The Beeler Family said...

Blue Eyes
~Elton John


Blue eyes
Babys got blue eyes
Like a deep blue sea
On a blue blue day
Blue eyes
Babys got blue eyes
When the morning comes
I'll be far away
And I say

Blue eyes
Holding back the tears
Holding back the pain
Babys got blue eyes
And shes alone again

Blue eyes
Babys got blue eyes
Like a clear blue sky
Watching over me
Blue eyes
I love blue eyes
When I'm by her side
Where I long to be
I will see

Blue eyes laughing in the sun
Laughing in the rain
Babys got blue eyes
And I am home, and I am home again

The Beeler Family said...

Bob Marley
Looking Your Big Brown Eyes


I've been watching you
alalalalalong alalalalalonglongleelonglonglong
Come on
alalalalalong alalalalalonglongleelonglonglong

Standing across the room I saw you smile
Said I wanna talk to you for a little while
But before I make my move
My emotions start running wild
My tongue gets tied
And thats no lie
I'm looking in your eyes
I'm looking in your big brown eyes
(ooh yeah and I've got this to say to you heeey)

Girl I want to make you sweat
Sweat till you can't sweat no more
And if you cry, i'll
I'm gonna push it some mo-o-ore
Girl I want to make you sweat
Sweat till you can't sweat no more
And if you cry, i'll
I'm gonna push it, push it push it some more
alalalalalong alalalalalonglongleelonglonglong
(come on)
alalalalalong alalalalalonglongleelonglonglong

So I say to myself if she loves me or not
But the dread(?) I know that love is here together
I put a little bit of this and a little bit of that
the lyrics goes on the attack
my tongue gets tied
and thats no lie
I'm looking in your eyes
I'm looking in your big brown eyes (ooh girl Ive got to say to you)
Hey !

Girl I want to make you sweat
Sweat till you can't sweat no more
And if you cry, i'll
I'm gonna push it some mo-o-ore
Girl I want to make you sweat
Sweat till you can't sweat no more
And if you cry, i'll
Im gonna push it, push it push it some more
alalalalalong alalalalalonglongleelonglonglong
(ooh yeah)
alalalalalong alalalalalonglongleelonglonglong
(one more time)
alalalalalong alalalalalonglongleelonglonglong
(sing it)
alalalalalong alalalalalonglongleelonglonglong
(hey oohooh weee yeah)
eyes , im looking in your brown eyes
repeat chorus till fade...

The Beeler Family said...

Artist: Coldplay
Song: Green Eyes


Honey you are a rock
Upon which I stand
And I come here to talk
I hope you understand

That green eyes, yeah the spotlight, shines upon you
And how could, anybody, deny you

I came here with a load
And it feels so much lighter, now I’ve met you
And honey you should know, that I could never go on without you

Green eyes

Honey you are the sea
Upon which I float
And I came here to talk
I think you should know

That green eyes, you’re the one that I wanted to find
And anyone who, tried to deny you must be out of their mind

Cause I came here with a load
And it feels so much lighter, since I met you
Honey you should know, that I could never go on without you

Green eyes
Green eyes

Ohohohohooooo
Ohohohohooooo

Ohohohohooooo
Ohohohohooooo

Honey you are a rock
Upon which I stand

The Beeler Family said...

A little Barry for Na's house of gay music, lol....

You're new version of blogger won't let me choose a fun name to post under either. :o( I had some fun ones too, lol.

Artist: Barry Manilow
Song: Green Eyes Lyrics

Your green eyes with their soft light
your eyes that promise sweet nights
bring to my soul a longing
of thirst for love's devine
in dreams I seem to hold you
to find you and enfold you
our lips meet and our hearts too
with a thrill so sublime
those cool and limbit green eyes
a pool where in my love lies
so deep that in my searching
for happiness I feel
that they will ever haunt me
all through my life they'll taunt me
but will they ever want me
green eyes
make my dream come true
green eyes with their soft lights
and eyes that promise sweet nights
bring to my soul a longing
a thirst for love devine
in dreams I seem to hold you
to find you and enfold you
our lips meet and our hearts too
with a thrill so sublime
those cool and limbit green eyes
a pool where in my love lies
so deep that in my searching
for happiness I feel
that they will ever haunt me
all through my life they'll taunt me
but will they ever want me
green eyes
make my dream come true

The Beeler Family said...

Girl with the hungry eyes
~Jefferson Starship


I like to move at the speed of light
Albert says I cant -- but I can
Circle of stone, circle of steel
I want to ride in an iron wheel

I am a child of atomic war
You are the daughter of the overlord
Lets get together on the killin floor
Give me -- more, more, more, more, more

Violet lightning
Violet lightning

Shes the girl with the hungry eyes
The girl with the hungry eyes
She holds up half the sky
The girl with the hungry eyes

I just met the girl with the perfect lips
I just met the girl with the perfect fit
Every atom in my body could inhale her
Speed of light girl, she is a sailor

Violet lightning
Violent lightning
Violet lightning

Now were movin at the speed of light
Now were movin at the speed of night
And your home gets filled with newer people, people, people
And all your friends are gone so hang on, hang on to the

Girl with the hungry eyes
She hold up half the sky -- shes the
Girl with the hungry eyes -- I love the
Girl with the hungry eyes

The Beeler Family said...

The yellow rose of Texas/The eyes of Texas
~Elvis Presley


Oh the yellow rose of texas is the only girl I love
Her eyes are even bluer than texas skies above
Her heart’s as big as texas and wherever I may go
I’ll remember her forever because I love her so

There are so many roses that bloom along the way
But my heart’s in amarillo and that’s where it will stay
With the yellow rose of texas so I’d better get there fast
’cause I know I was her first love and I want to be her last

Oh the yellow rose of texas is the only girl I love
Her eyes are even bluer than texas skies above
Her heart’s as big as texas and wherever I may go
I’ll remember her forever because I love her so

The eyes of texas are upon you all the live long day
The eyes of texas are upon you, you cannot get away
Do not think you can escape them at night or early in the morn
The eyes of texas are upon you ’till gabriel blows his horn

The eyes of texas are upon you all the live long day
The eyes of texas are upon you, you cannot get away
Do not think you can escape them at night or early in the morn
The eyes of texas are upon you ’till gabriel blows his horn

The eyes of texas are upon you all the live long day
The eyes of texas are upon you, you cannot get away
Do not think you can escape them at night or early in the morn
The eyes of texas are upon you ’till gabriel blows his horn

The Beeler Family said...

Rainbow Eyes
~Brian Wilson

Rainbow eyes, red yellow blue
Rainbow eyes, I see you
Splashing color everywhere that you go
Fireworks explode when you cross the room
The air I breathe shimmers with your bright perfume
Rainbow eyes, rainbow eyes
You paint the world with your love
Rainbow skies, up above
Rainbow eyes flash poetry
Rainbow eyes, can you see me
I wanna walk the world in colors with you
Oh pretty rainbow eyes when you flash my way
Confetti and balloons it's a holiday
Rainbow eyes, rainbow eyes
You paint the world with your love
Rainbow skies, up above
Lavender sunsets silver pink clouds
(???) avenue
Ever green beaches scarlet skies
Nights turquioise blue
Oh multi-colored you
My psychedelic you
My rainbow eyes, magic melody
Rainbow eyes, perfect fantasy
You thrill me with your sweet insanity
In my dreams I kiss you, take you by the hand
In my dreams you let me be your rainbow man
Rainbow eyes, rainbow eyes
You paint the world with your love
Rainbow skies, up above
Rainbow eyes, I love you
Rainbow eyes, I love you
Rainbow eyes, I love you
Rainbow eyes, I love you
Rainbow eyes, I love you
Rainbow eyes, I love you
Rainbow eyes

The Beeler Family said...

Yep, I can still find more......


Paranoid eyes
~Pink Floyd


Button your lip. And don't let the shield slip.
Take a fresh grip on your bullet proof mask.
And if they try to break down your disguise with their questions
You can hide, hide, hide,
"I'll tell you what, I'll give you three blacks, and play you for five
..."
"Ta! You was unlucky there son"
"Time gentleman!"
Behind paranoid eyes.

You put on our brave face and slip over the road for a jar.
Fixing your grin as you casually lean on the bar,
Laughing too loud at the rest of the world
With the boys in the crowd
You can hide, hide, hide,
Behind petrified eyes.

You believed in their stories of fame, fortune and glory.
Now you're lost in a haze of alcohol soft middle age
The pie in the sky turned out to be miles too high.
And you hide, hide, hide,
Behind brown and mild eyes.

Anonymous said...

Hey, found one that mention's the ghetto, LOL!


Stevie Wonder - Ebony Eyes

She's a Miss Beautiful Supreme
A girl that other wish that they could be
If there's seven wonders of the world
Then I know she's gotta be number one
She's a girl that can't be beat
Born and raised on ghetto streets
She's a devastating beauty
A pretty girl with ebony eyes

She's the sunflower of nature's seeds
A girl that some men only find in their dreams
When she smiles it seems the stars all know
Cause one by one they start to light up the sky
She's a girl that can't be beat
Born and raised on ghetto streets
She's a devastating beauty
A pretty girl with ebony eyes

A girl that can't be beat
Born and raised on ghetto streets
She's a devastating beauty
A pretty girl with ebony eyes

When she starts talking soft and sweet
Like birds of spring her words all seem to sing
With a rhythm that is made of love
And the happiness that she only brings
She's a girl that can't be beat
Born and raised on ghetto streets
She's a devastating beauty
A pretty girl with ebony eyes

A girl that can't be beat
Born and raised on ghetto streets
She's a devastating beauty
A pretty girl with ebony eyes

Yeah, yea, yea
.......yeah
Pretty black beauty
Yeah, yea yeah
Yea, yea, yeah, yea, yea, yeah
Yea, yea, yea, yea, yea, yea, yeah
She's a girl that can't be beat
Born and raised on ghetto streets
She's a devastating beauty
A pretty girl with ebony ey---es
Ebony ey--es
Ebony ey--es
Ebony ey--es
Ebony eyes

Anonymous said...

Aerosmith
~Sight For Sore Eyes


Uuhh!
Goin' downtown, goin' down, goin' down
'Neath the city, eatin' ground round
Underground is pretty gritty

I turned the screw she held the light
That's when I knew she was a

Sight for sore eyes
She was a sight for sore eyes
She was a sight for sore eyes
She was a sight for sore eyes

Playin' no fair, sleepin' under stairs
Downtown's a pity, takin' fair square
Never where it's pretty gritty

I turned the screw she held the knife
Oh holy Jesus

She's a sight for sore eyes
(Oh she's a nitty nitty nitty)
You a sight for sore eyes
(Oh...she's a nitty gritty)

Turnin' in style
Walk a mile for your titty
Naked foul while under there
Underwear that's pretty gritty

Hey, don't you know people
She's a love lust hussy
She left, oh, she rust me
Dear old girl

She was a sight for sore eyes but she was sittin' pretty
Sight for sore eyes she was a nitty gritty
Sight for sore eyes
Sight for sore eyes

Peeled back and parted
Even in the car
It was delight or demise
I'm livin' like a leopard king

Sight for sore eyes

She was a sight for sore eyes
Sight for sore eyes
Sight for sore eyes
Sight for sore eyes
Sight for sore eyes
Sight for sore eyes
Sight for sore eyes
Sight for sore eyes
Sight for sore eyes
Sight for sore eyes
Sight for sore eyes
Sight for sore eyes
Sight for sore eyes

Anonymous said...

Artist/Band: Alabama
Song: She's Got that Look in Her Eyes

She's still got those pretty eyes
Like she did in school
The first time that she looked at me
My heart went ka-boom
Today I saw that look again
On sale in summer square
She looked so good in what she wore
Somehow it don't seem fair

She's got that look in her eyes
Just like she's always had
She's got that smile on her lips
That always drives me mad
When she looks at me
The way I feel comes as no surprise
I love that look
When she's got that look in her eyes

Just today she looked at me
And I felt like a kid
Even though I'm grown up now
The puzzle seems to fit
I may never have her
But I'll still love her still
Oh I may never hold her
In my mind I always will

She's got that look in her eyes
Just like she's always had
She's got that smile on her lips
That always drives me mad
When she looks at me
The way I feel comes as no surprise
I love that look
When she's got that look in her eyes

When she looks at me
The way I feel comes as no surprise
I love that look
When she's got that look in her eyes

Anonymous said...

Artist: Simon and Garfunkel
Song: Bright Eyes

Is it a kind of dream,
Floating out on the tide,
Following the river of death downstream?
Oh, is it a dream?

There's a fog along the horizon,
A strange glow in the sky,
And nobody seems to know where you go,
And what does it mean?
Oh, is it a dream?

Bright eyes,
Burning like fire.
Bright eyes,
How can you close and fail?
How can the light that burned so brightly
Suddenly burn so pale?
Bright eyes.

Is it a kind of shadow,
Reaching into the night,
Wandering over the hills unseen,
Or is it a dream?

There's a high wind in the trees,
A cold sound in the air,
And nobody ever knows when you go,
And where do you start,
Oh, into the dark.

Bright eyes,
burning like fire.
Bright eyes,
how can you close and fail?
How can the light that burned so brightly
Suddenly burn so pale?
Bright eyes.

Bright eyes,
burning like fire.
Bright eyes,
how can you close and fail?
How can the light that burned so brightly
Suddenly burn so pale?
Bright eyes.

Anonymous said...

Heaven In Your Eyes
~Loverboy

I can tell by the look in your eyes
You've been hurtin
You know I'll never let you down oh, no
And I'll try anything to keep it workin
You gave me time to find out
What my heart was lookin for
And what I'm feelin inside

In your eyes
I want to see your love again
In your eyes
I never want this feeling to end
It took some time to find the light
But now I realize
I can see the heaven in your eyes

Can't you see I'm finding it hard to let go oooh
All the heartaches we've been through
I never really thought I'd see this love grow
But you helped me see
Now I know what my hearts been lookin for
And what I'm feeling inside

In your eyes
I want to see your love again
In your eyes
I never want this feeling to end
It took some time to find the light
But now I realize
I can see the heaven in your eyes

We've been livin on the edge
Where only the strong survive
We've been livin on the edge
And its something that we just cant hide
Oh this feeling inside

In your eyes
I want to see your love again
In your eyes
I never want this feeling to end
It took some time to find the light
But now I realize
I can see the heaven in your eyes
Oh yeah, I can see the heaven in your eyes
Oh yeah, I can see the heaven in your eyes
I can see the heaven in your eyes
Heaven in your eyes oh
Heaven in your eyes
I can see the heaven, heaven in your eyes
Heaven in your eyes

Anonymous said...

Open Your Eyes
by Nick Lachey


Yeah baby

He told you he could be the man that I could never be
He has a way at making promises that he can't keep
He gets so angry when I try to point this out
And still it's you who's always calling me this late at night
I know you miss the way I used to hold your body tight
You needed me girl but you never say it

If you love him more just tell me so (tell me so)
But do one thing for me before you go

Open your eyes
Girl if it's love
Why can't you sleep at night
Open your eyes
Why don't you tremble when he holds you tight
If it's the last thing that I ever do
Let me make this clear to you
Open up your eyes
Don't be blinded by his promises
Open your eyes
The one he says isn't who he is
There's more to us than you realize
So open your eyes

I know our history is something that we can't ignore
Just give me half the chance I'll make it better than before
Worse thing I did was give you wings to fly away
And if it's yesterday that keeps your heart from coming home
Girl I apologize for all the things that I've done wrong
To lose your love would be the price too high to pay

He can't love you more than I do
Girl don't let his sweet lies blind you

Open your eyes
Girl if it's love
Why can't you sleep at night
Open your eyes
Why don't you tremble when he holds you tight
If it's the last thing that I ever do
Let me make this clear to you
Open up your eyes
Don't be blinded by his promises
Open your eyes
The one he says isn't who he is
There's more to us than you realize
Just open your eyes

Oh no
Every night
I stay alone and pray that you
Wake up and find
My love is waiting here

Open your eyes
Yeah baby
If it's the last thing that I ever do
Let me make this clear to you
Open up your eyes
Don't be blinded by his promises
Open your eyes
The one he says isn't who he is
There's more to us than you realize
Open your eyes
Oh, open your eyes
Just open your eyes

Anonymous said...

You Can Close your eyes
~James Taylor


Well the sun is surely sinking down
But the moon is slowly rising
So this old world must still be spinning round
And I still love you

(chorus)
So close your eyes
You can close your eyes, its all right
I dont know no love songs
And I cant sing the blues anymore
But I can sing this song
And you can sing this song
When Im gone

It wont be long before another day
We gonna have a good time
And no ones gonna take that time away
You can stay as long as you like

- chorus -

Anonymous said...

Close Your Eyes
by Goo Goo Dolls

I wish I had a saxophone
I'd play the blues 'til you came home
With a little sadness in your eyes

Now that all my time was spent
In the walk your heaven sent
Thinking 'bout all the nights you cried

Had a certain passion
And I had silly dreams
A look of vicious actions
Don't close your eyes to me
Don't close your eyes to me
Oh, don't close your eyes to me
Don't close your eyes to me

I wish I had a camera lens
To film the things my mind had said
Before they reached my mouth and got all bad

Looking at the skies of blue
All day long, I think of you
Even after all the shit we've been through

Had a certain passion
And I had silly dreams
A look of vicious actions
Don't close your eyes to me
Don't close your eyes to me
Please don't close your eyes to me
Don't close your eyes to me
Oh, don't close your eyes to me
Close your eyes to me
Close your eyes to me
Eyes to me
Close your eyes to me
Don't close your eyes to me
Close your eyes to me
Close your eyes to me
Don't close your eyes to me
Eyes to me

The Beeler Family said...

Here's the list of "your" songs Kori!! Now you can make a cd and play it on those "special" nights to drown out the oinking, LOL!!!!


when I look into youre eyes-firehouse
in your eyes-peter gabriel
angel eyes-the jeff healey band
hungry eyes-eyeopener
private eyes-hall & oates
brown eyed girl-van morrison
my eyes adore you-justin guarini
for your eyes only-sheena easton
lost in your eyes-debbie gibson
black eye-millencolin
purple people eater-sheb wooley
can't take my eyes off you-frankie valli
I've got my eyes on you-jessica simpson
blue eyes-elton john
looking your big brown eyes-bob marley
green eyes-coldplay
green eyes-barry manilow
girl with hungry eyes-jefferson starship
the yellow rose of texas/the eyes of texas-elvis presley
rainbow eyes-brian wilson
paranoid eyes-pink floyd
ebony eyes-stevie wonder
sight for sore eyes-aerosmith
she's got that look in her eyes-alabama
bright eyes-simon & garfunkel
heaven in your eyes-loverboy
open your eyes-nick lachey
you can close your eyes-james taylor
close your eyes-goo goo dolls

Anonymous said...

OMG, enough with your husband already... geesh you would think you liked him a little... maybe even enough to sit on his lap with your hand on his face!
ROTFLMBO....

update please....

~Karrilee~ from Abiding Love, Abounding Grace said...

Nice new look, Pork... but WHERE's THE BEEF?!!??!?! C'mon already... I need, I need, I need! (To quote from What About Bob!)

~Karrilee~