Went shopping with my friend Darcie yesterday. Now I have always been a day after Thanksgiving shopper but who knew that there were others out there who were more ambitious than me!(I used the word crazy but Darcie said ambitious!)
Last year I couldn't get anyone to go with me so I went by myself. Darcie and I were talking one day and she told me that she too was a "day after Thanksgiving shopper". We decided to go together and try and recruit some of our other friends. As the day got closer some of our other friends appeared to be chickening out! I had most of my shopping done but since I promised my friend I would go, I went.
Let me just set the scene for you! Darcie picked me up at my house at 4 am! Yes people that's not a typo-it does say am, as in the morning. With coffee in hand we drove to the first store and sat in her car since there wasn't a whole lot of people in line. When the doors opened at 5 am Darcie was off like a flash! We were getting two things here for me so she had one of the things in hand before I was even over to her! You ROCK Chuck! After that we headed to Target and stood in line for 40 minutes. There was even a security guard that was telling us the rules once the doors opened. "There will be no running, tripping, pushing, hitting or biting when the doors open. If you are caught doing any of these things, you will be escorted from the premises and not allowed to buy anything that day." Upon hearing these rules Darcie and I quickly decided that he said nothing about skipping, galloping, hair pulling or elbowing so we were good.
After Target we decided it was time to refuel so we stopped for coffee and bagels and we were back on the road. After ShopKo we hit the mall and then back to Fred Meyer. We met our friends at Applebees for some lunch and my dear friend Chuck was upset when I told her that I would like for her to take me home. She wanted to go to WalMart and a couple of more places. I had had enough! We had shopped for 8 hours and I was done!
All in all I had a fun time. Darcie is always a blast to be with and we did get a lot of good deals! I honor of my friend, I have decided to post some lyrics:
Bare Naked Ladies
"Shopping"
Well you know that it's going to be alright
I think it's gonna be alright
Everything will always be alright When we go shopping
Well you know that it's going to be alright When we go shopping
It's always lalalalala...
Shopping spree begin
It's always lalalalala...
Everybody wins
So shutup And never stop
Let's shop until we drop
Chorus:
It's always lalalalala...
Shopping never ends
It's always lalalalala...
Shopping with our friends
Shopping once again
It's always lalalalala... (x4)
It's never enough Until you've got all the stuff
When the going gets rough
Just shop with somebody tough
CHORUS (x2) It's always... When we go shopping (x3) It's always lalalalala... (repeat to fade)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
OK, hello... who are you callin a chicken! NO you are the other white meat! And for the record... I was running at 5 am!
We did meet for lunch though and that was F-U-N! I love seeing EE so wound up. She LOVES to shop! I believe she is a professional shopper. Perhaps next year I will make it on black Friday.
Peace out~
Wooo-Hoooo!!!!! Love the lyrics pork, they are perfect, lol!
Thanks for dragging yourself out of bed at the before the butt crack of dawn to keep me company. You were a great sport & hung in there a long time-not many can keep up with me ALL day. :O)
You forgot, at Target he also gave no mention to spitting or tackeling, lol!! Target...with rules & caution tape, toooo funny.
Lunch was excellent, I'm glad the "non-shoppers" could grace us with their presence that day, it was fun to relax for an hour before hitting the stores again.
And, the minor car accident really added to the day I think. Gave us a fun little story to tell anyway & now I'll probably get a new bumper! :op
I should have guessed that there would be some sort of accident... ahhh - the power of prayer! (Hey - she said it was MINOR, right?!)
Good for you for braving the Darcie on Black Friday... LOL! I know when we all went shopping over our Girls Weekend a few weeks ago... we were at the Mall for HOURS and HOURS too... that girl never seems to tire?! Ever?! (... in a Mall?!)
I believe you can thank Yakima for the whole Rules and Caution Tape at Target... the ONE and ONLY time I attempted Black Friday shopping - I lined up at Target at 5 a.m. and when the doors opened - fist fights broke out and we made national news... oh yeah - that is what you are missin'! (Then again... I think Darcie was in the front of the line and since she has moved on... we haven't had any problems?!)
Glad you had a good time... hope you are recuperated!
~Karri~
Hey now, I was NOT at the Target that day, lol! Although if someone had messed with me, I wouldn't be above fighting, LOL!
OLSEN TWINS:
"Don't Let Your Mom Go Shopping"
Well mom, you know I love you. You mean so much to me.
I love the sense of style you got from Oprah on TV.
I love the way you've don't the house, the paintings in the hall.
But why'd you buy these clothes for me down at the mall?
You say the salesgirl told you this stuff was really great.
This stuff was not in style, Mom, when you can Dad used to date.
And if you make me wear it, my friends will laugh at me.
Is this some kind of weird, new child psychology?
Chorus:
Don't let your mom go shopping on Saturday all alone.
You'll have to find some kinda way to make her stay at home.
But if there's something that ya need you'd better go along
Or your mom will get you something that's wrong
Oh, Yuck!
The Sleeping Beauty slippers, the macramé barrettes.
The undershirt with zippers, the sneaks that look like pet,
The Day-Glo plastic raincoats-it's uglier than sin.
And about the Bambi lunchbox...Earth to Mom, come in!
Who'd you buy the pants from? An archaeologist?
And isn't plastic leopard skin on the Endangered List?
It itches and it bulges. It rides up in a bunch.
It dates back to the 50's. It's just plain out to lunch.
Chorus
Mom, tell me I'm dreaming.
There's got to be some horrible mistake.
Mom, it's like a nightmare.
But one look in my closet and...ahhhrrg! I'm wide awake!
Mom: Oh, this is adorable. Oh, and it's on sale. Oh, "All sales final"
She'll love it!
Your mom will get you something that's wrong.
I'm goin' off to school now in shoes of powder blue.
I won't look in the mirror cause I might not make it through.
I'm meeting my friend Connie. Look, her shoes are powder blue.
It's clear to see that her mom went shopping too.
Chorus
yes, she'll get ya something,
Your mom will get ya something that's wrong,
Your mom will get ya something that's wrong.
Post a Comment