Sooooooo, because it's been over a week and Darcie has compiled a whole cd of songs for me, I've decided perhaps it might be time to update!!!!
I've titled my post time because I'm finding I don't have enough of it! I consider myself a fairly organized person(I pale in comparison to Na!) and yet I'm finding that there are so many things I just can't get done. Case in point, my e-mails and this blog. I know several of my friends who can chat daily on the computer and post and check e-mails and I need to know, "How do you do it?"
When I quit my job 2 years ago and became a stay at home mom I thought I was going to have all the time in the world. I thought for sure I'd be caught up on all my scrapbooks, my house would be immaculate, I would cook dinner for my family every night and so on and so on. Well I can honestly say....it's not happening! And I have to ask myself why? Why can't I keep my house clean, why can't I meet with my friends, at least if not more than, once a week? Why is it that I feel I'm being pulled in so many directions? I guess what I'm saying is maybe I need a little help(in the form of suggestions or advice, not $800 help! JK, Na!) I want to know how those of you who juggle so many things do it?
So enough of my ranting! Life here has been busy as you can tell. Lauren is on her second bout of strep throat in 3 weeks. Good Times! I'm just hoping she's not going to have issues with this like I did and end up having to have her tonsils removed. That is not fun at all. However it's a lot worse as an adult! Hannah is going to her first dance today after school. It's a sock hop. She took a poodle skirt to change into after school. Very cute! She is enjoying middle school very much and is doing so great in all her classes. She got straight A's and I am extremely proud of her!
Paul and I are going to a dinner/auction tonight. It should be fun. We need a little date night considering the stress we've been under with the house/inlaws lately.
Well, that's all I've got for now. I promise I won't wait over a week to post next time. I welcome any of your advice for my time issues!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm so shocked you updated I don't know what to say, LOL! I'll be back later!
Oh there is just so much I could say on this issue!
1. Simplify and cut out. What "things" can truly go out of your life that take up too much time or in your opinion maybe wasted time? For instance, what comes to my mind would be Xmas cards...I didn't make them, I ordered them and I had them printed with our names already on the card. That one step has saved me probably close to 20 hours of creating and writing. How about a set 10-15 dinner options and so your meals are simple and you are not reinventing the wheel every night? (I would say to put them in a notebook, but you all would just mock!!! hee hee)
2. Speaking of notebooks...even if you had ONE that had information and phone numbers, take out menus, etc. so when you need to find something it is right there in one place. That has really made one of the biggest factors for me...it reduced my stress in trying to find things, I was able to put my finger on something or a phone number instantly.
3. How about a one day or night a week where you set the timer for a set amount of time and everyone cleans a certain area. Maybe draw out of a hat...loft, bedroom, bathroom, etc. Then, after the set time plan on watching a movie and popping some BOB. Make it fun and for everyone and that "we all work together in this house" a motto and you may feel less like, crap, this house is never clean!
4. I do laundry two days a week. I also have laundry baskets for each person and when they get folded, their clothes go into their basket and they put it away. Sometimes, I do put them away myself because...well, you know, kids...but, it does help make the clothes get done faster and easier, I have found. I do laundry on either Sundays or Mondays and either Wednesday or Thursday. Seems to work...
5. Make a "to-do" list consisting of only THREE THINGS. You will be amazed at how NOT overwhelming three little items are and you can get them done and you will feel accomplished quickly!
OK, clearly I could go on and on...LOL.
Ok, I am back! Now, you really don't want organizing tips from me!?!
na is the master, but here's what I have for you~
get those little plastic sterilite shoeboxes and label them with dymos, lol! Or be like me & use the "pile" system-a little pile here, a little pile there, big pile of laundry in the bedroom, lol!!
Seriously, your house always looks nice to me & feels very welcoming & homey. Take it easy on yourself & let some of the non-necessities go. :O)
OK, I just don't know what to say other then yeah, what na said...
And I say Good Day!
Post a Comment