Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Wallowing

Just feeling a little down today, could be the weather, I don't know. I had a really bad day yesterday.

Paul and I went to the lawyer to get advice on a situation. Although the lawyer said we definitely had a strong case we needed to know what we were getting in to. Chances were that if we pursued and won a judgement in our favor, we would never see any money. If we chose to pursue getting our money it would mean time and effort on our part plus we would have to try and garnish wages and that could just be ugly. The lawyer said he wasn't trying to discourage us from going to court he was just trying to lay out all the facts since this was family we would be dealing with.

After we left, Paul and I stood outside and chatted a little about what we thought we should do. Paul said we should give it some time and think about it but I could tell he was feeling differently than when we first went in. Plus, he said he didn't know if we should go this far since he wasn't sure what the other party could be capable of.

Needless to say I was extremely frustrated! I came home and called my dad since I value my parents opinion. After telling me that I wasn't going to like what he had to say, he suggested that we just let the whole thing go. I was so mad and hurt. I spent most of the time on the phone with him bawling. I wasn't mad at him, I was so mad at the situation. This situation and many others with these people have been a constant issue in my life. The problems they have brought about in our lives has brought emotional and monetary stress. I felt like this was our opportunity to hold them accountable. Even if we never got money from them, I felt it was the principle of the thing.

So I wallowed yesterday. I wallowed in my frustration, I wallowed in my pain. I also wallowed in the fact that although I have met wonderful people here, I miss the deep connections I had with friends in California. Even though they are a phone call away, it was nice to be able to see them, go to coffee or just have them come over so I could vent. I did end up going to coffee last night with two friends and it was so nice. One friend in particular gave me some great advice and empathized with me! (Thanks Karen! You don't know how needed it was!)

So today I'm not feeling very "Tis the Season".....maybe tomorrow!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking of you guys since our talk yesterday. I hope you can get a clear answer that you agree on, and know where to go from there. Family can be such a mess! I'm still praying for you all, give me a call anytime ya need to wallow. :o)

Anonymous said...

Missed you at begals... perhaps we could have cheered you up!?
Hope things are gettin worked out.
See you soon!

Anonymous said...

quit your wallowing & update already!

Anonymous said...

The Eagles
~Please come home for Christmas

Please Come Home For Christmas
Bells will be ringing this sad sad news
Oh what a Christmas to have the blues
My baby's gone I have no friends
To wish me greetings once again
Choirs will be singing Silent Night
Christmas carols by candle light
Please come home for Christmas
Please come home for Christmas
If not for Christmas by New Years night
Friends and relations
Send salutations
Sure as the stars shine above
But this is Christmas
Yeah, it's Christmas my dear
It's the time of year to be with the one you love
So won't you tell me
You'll never more roam
Christmas and New Year
Will find you home
There be no more sorrow
No grief and pain
And I'll be happy, happy, once again
Ooo, there be no more sorrow
No grief and pain
And I'll be happy, Christmas, once again

~Karrilee~ from Abiding Love, Abounding Grace said...

Hey there...

I have TRIED to post a comment here I can't TELL you how many times... just know that I am praying for you... hope things are becoming clearer and looking up from your perspective now!

~Karri~

Anonymous said...

Ok, will you update after bagels tommorow? Please!?!

Anonymous said...

So that's a no on the update then?
LOL!

Corinna said...

come on.....

The Beeler Family said...

Ok now, we talked about this...maybe you could update just once a week, like every Tuesday, or whatever day is least crazy for you?! Don't give up! :o)

Is your purse dry yet?

Anonymous said...

Cause why not? LOL!

John Mellencamp
~Pink Houses

There's a black man with a black cat
Livin' in a black neighborhood
He's got an interstate
Runnin' through his front yard
You know he thinks that he's got it so good
And there's a woman in the kitchen
Cleanin' up the evenin' slop
And he looks at her and says, hey darlin'
I can remember when you could stop a clock

Oh, but ain't that America
For you and me
Ain't that America
Something to see, baby
Ain't that America
Home of the free, yeah
Little pink houses
For you and me
Oooh, yeah
For you and me

Well, there's a young man in a t-shirt
Listenin' to a rockin' rollin' station
He's got greasy hair, greasy smile
He says, Lord this must be my destination
'Cause they told me when I was younger
Said boy, you're gonna be president
But just like everything else
Those old crazy dreams
Just kinda came and went

Oh, but ain't that America
For you and me
Ain't that America
Something to see, baby
Ain't that America
Home of the free, yeah
Little pink houses
For you and me
Oooh, little baby
For you and me

[Instrumental Interlude]

Well, there's people and more people
What do they know, know, know
Go to work in some high rise
And vacation down at the Gulf of Mexico
Ooh, yeah
And there's winners and there's losers
But they ain't no big deal
'Cause the simple man, baby
Pays for thrills
The bills the pills that kill

Oh, but ain't that America
For you and me
Ain't that America
Something to see, baby
Ain't that America
Home of the free, yeah
Little pink houses
For you and me
Oooh
Ooooh, yeah...