Okay, did you ever think I was going to post again!? Well, I figured it's a new year and with new years comes new years resolutions! So instead of posting once every week or two maybe I'll post twice a week! HA!!! We'll just have to see what the year holds!
The holidays were wonderful. We spent time with family and friends, had fun with the kids and ate way too much. We are so blessed to have most of our family near us, especially during the holidays. My kids don't realize how fortunate they are to have both sets of grandparents alive and active in their lives. There are so many things I feel we take for granted.
So, I've never been about having New Year's resolutions because really, "who keeps them?" But there are a few things I've decided I would like to try to do "better" this year:
1. Learn how to parent my children more effectively and with a lot more patience! ( I started a class this evening about how to parent your pre-teen)
2. Get to the gym more this year. ( I know a lot of people use this as a new year's resolution but since we have a membership and when I was going I felt a lot better and had more energy I figured this was a good thing to start again.)
3. Spend more quiet time with the Lord. (When I'm in a biblestudy I'm pretty accountable but when there are breaks in the study I don't have any quiet time. I need to find a time of the day that works for me and really focus on dedicating that time to reading the bible and praying.)
4. Hold my children more accountable to their own quiet time. (My parents gave Hannah and Andrew devotional books last year that would take them through the year and they might have done 2 weeks of it. Hannah probably did more than Andrew but still. I've always read to my kids since they were little at bedtime. As they've gotten older they just started reading to themselves. I'd like to take that opportunity to read their devotions with them.)
So that's it. That's my list. I haven't written it down or anything. Maybe I should so I can see it on a regular basis to remind me or maybe that would be too much pressure! Who knows? One baby step at a time, right?
Happy New Year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
welcome back, lol! I like your resoultions, good luck. :o) The parenting class seems like it will be fun & helpful. Maybe they can teach us how to manage our drama queens, lol!
Oh but you DID just write them down...right here for all the internet to see...somehow, that works for me in keeping me on the straight and narrow! Good luck. Oh, and yeah, 2 posts a week...you could just post entries on the same days as well, as...! LOL.
It's Friday, do you not have a song, recipie or limirick to share with us, LOL!?!
I like the goal of two times a week... I think that is a great goal.... now where is your second one for this week?
We're waiting........................................................................................................................................ still waiting..... LOL.
still waiting on that update....
Post a Comment