Monday, February 26, 2007

Get out of that Pit!

So it's only been 2 weeks! This has got to be a record for me or something! I'm hoping when bucket helps me with my blog I will feel inspired!!!

On Saturday I went to a live simulcast of Beth Moore at Eagle Nazarene Church. It was great. I absolutely love her. She can talk about anything and make it interesting. She just wrote a book called "Get out of that pit, straight talk about God's deliverance". She talked about how a pit is Satan's attempt to bury you alive. A pit can be anything from addiction to your thoughts to people who keep you in a pit. She asked us to think about what our "pit" was wallpapered with? Very interesting question! I immediately had pictures of Paul's sister wallpapering my pit because of my bitterness and lack of forgiveness and although there have been times when I've been delivered of some of that, I still have my feet dangling over the "pit"

She talked about release to Christ not just temporary relief of the situation. It was an awesome simulcast and I know the friends I went with got a lot out of it as well.

I'll leave you with one quote she made that really stuck with me, "impression without expression, causes depression." Some times we need to speak a firm and true word in love.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post pork!! You will get out of that "sister in law pit" when the time is right. You've come a long way dealing witht he whole situation & it will keep getting better, the resentment will fade & true forgiveness will come.

Glad to see you back again, I was getting kinda lonely just leaving comments, lol. :O)

Anonymous said...

hee hee hee, I LOVE the new banner!!! Bucket & I had fun playing with it this morning, glad you like it too. :O) Now give us something new to read, lol!

Anonymous said...

Hey Pork,
We've all spent time sittin on the edge of the pit.....not quite ready to leave, but definatley not wanting to go back in. One day you will just get up and walk away. It will be one of those God things. :)