Sunday, February 11, 2007

That's what friends are for!

Ok, so I know you are all about ready to fall over because I am updating and I know you can't wait to read what it is I'm going to post about!

That being said, here goes........Obviously I have fallen short of my twice a week blog entering. As my dear friend Kris was so kind to point out, I only have 3 entries for January! I'm sorry, did I say twice a week? I meant twice a month so see I'm already ahead! HAHA!

It's been a pretty busy week so I will speak of the highlights which would actually be a little over a week ago. I flew out on the first of February to Sacramento, CA. My best friend from highschool picked me up and we drove to her house. She lives in Elk Grove and it's been almost a year since I've seen her(even though she was in Pocatello, ID at Christmastime! JK Susie, I just like giving you a bad time!) It was so great to see her and her family. She has two little girls that are beautiful and growing so fast. Her oldest Madison is the same age as Lauren. We were pregnant at the same time. My only regret is that we live so far and our girls won't be able to grow up together.

Susie and I stayed up late catching up and then on Friday, three of my other bestest buds drove to Elk Grove. Jen, Kris and Kim joined us at Susie's and we headed off to spend the weekend at Jen's cabin in Tahoe! It was like old times. Jen, Kris, Kim and I had spent the weekend at her cabin 17 years ago when we were teens!

The drive was great just catching up on so much. When we got to the cabin there was a lot of snow! The driveway hadn't been plowed so the snow plow came and of course I had to get pictures. It was pretty cold in the cabin and there wasn't any running water because the pipes were so cold. We lit a fire and tried to warm the house up. After a few hours we still had no water so we decided to go into town and have dinner and maybe we'd have water when we got back. Dinner was great and we went shopping to get a few essentials! We came home and there was still no water but we made the best of it! We decided to play a card game and Kris thought she was the "waner" but she wasn't !!!! We had a great time except for the fact that Kim started to not feel well.

The next morning there was still no water so we filled up buckets(thought of you bucket) with snow and set them next to the fireplace to try to melt it so we would have water to flush the toilet! Imagine 5 women, no water, no showers, filling buckets with snow to try and flush the toilet! Good Times!! But you know what? It wasn't that bad. Despite the fact that we were essentially "roughing it" we had such a fun time. We laughed so hard, we enjoyed each other's company and enjoyed catching up on all of our lives.

I have been through so much with these 4 women. Jen and Kim I have known since 2nd grade and Susie and Kris since middle school. We have been through adolescence, teenage years, ups and downs, marriages, births and deaths. We have been there for each other through thick and thin and I love each and every one of these women like a sister. I feel so blessed to have them as a part of my life and want them to know how thankful I am for their friendship.

I will have more about our fun weekend later! Stay tuned, I promise it won't be another month.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Cure
~The Promise

How time will heal
Make me forget
You promised me
Time will heal
Make me forget
You promised me
Love will save us all
And time will heal
You promised me...
How love will save
Make me forget
You promised me
Love will save
Make me forget
You promised me
Time will heal us all
And love will save
You promised me...
I trusted you
I wanted your words
Believed in you
I needed your words
Time will heal
make me forget
And love will save us all
You promised me another wish
Another way
You promised me another dream
Another day
You promised me another time
You promised me another life
You promised me..
So I swallowed the shame and I waited
I buried the blame and I waited
Choked back years of memories...
I pushed down the pain and I waited
Trying to forget...
You promised me another wish
Another way
You promised me another dream
Another day
You promised me another time
You promised me...
Another lie
Oh you promised me...
You promised me... You promised me...
And I waited... And I waited... And I waited...
And I'm still waiting...

Anonymous said...

PROMISES, PROMISES
Naked Eyes

Never had a doubt
In the beginning
Never a doubt
Trusted too true
In the beginning
I loved you right through
Arm in arm we laughed like kids
At all the silly things we did

You made me promises, promises
Knowing I'd believe
Promises, promises
You knew you'd never keep

Second time around
I'm still believing
Words that you said
You said you'd always be here
In love forever
Still repeats in my head
You can't finish what you start
If this is love it breaks my heart

You made me promises, promises
You knew you'd never keep
Promises, promises
Why do I believe

[Instrumental Interlude]

Arm in arm we laughed like kids
At all the silly things we did
You can't finish what you start
If this is love it breaks my heart

You made me promises, promises
You knew you'd never keep
Promises, promises
Why do I believe
All of your promises
You knew you'd never keep
Promises, promises
Why do I believe

Promises
Promises
Promises
Promises
Promises

Anonymous said...

ha-ha, she finally updates & all we leave in response is lyrics!! such good, good friends pork has here. :O)

Anonymous said...

Queen
~You're My Best Friend

(Deacon)
Ooo. you make me live
whatever this world can give to me
It's you, you're all I see
Ooo, you make me live now honey
Ooo, you make me live

You're the best friend
that I ever had
I've been with you such a long time
You're my sunshine
And I want you to know
That my feelings are true
I really love you
You're my best friend

Ooo, you make me live

I've been wandering round
But I still come back to you
In rain or shine
You've stood by me girl
I'm happy, happy at home
You're my best friend.

You're the first one
When things turn out bad
You know I'll never be lonely
You're my only one
And I love
The things that you do
You're my best friend

Ooo, you make me live.

I'm happy, happy at home
You're my best friend
You're my best friend
Ooo, you make me live
You, you're my best friend.

Anonymous said...

The Cars
~MY Best Friends Girl

you're always dancing down the street
with your suede blue eyes
and every new boy that you meet
he doesn't know the real surprise

here she comes again
when she's dancing 'neath the starry sky
she'll make you flip
here she comes again
when she's dancing 'neath the starry sky
you kinda like the way she dips
she's my best friend's girl
she's my best friend's girl
and she used to be mine

you've got your nuclear boots
and your drip dry glove
and when you bite your lip
it's some reaction to love

Anonymous said...

i can't believe it! it took me a while to read your post cause i was trying to get up off the floor.

Anonymous said...

You forgot the part about carrying water up from the creek!! Little do you all know I planned on not having water just to see if you girls could hang ;-).

I had such a great time! It is so wonderful that we have all come back together and are such wonderful friends. We may not see each other often or even talk often but we always know the others are there when we need them.

I look forward to a family trip and of course out next girls only weekend (I might even allow us to have running water :-)).

Anonymous said...

what, no valentines day update?! I will leave you a song anyway....

Happy Valentines Day!!

Bon Jovi
~I'd Die For You

If you could see inside my heart
Then you 'd understand
I'd never mean to hurt you
Baby I'm not that kind of man

I might not say I'm sorry
Yeah, I might talk rough sometimes
And I might forget the little things
Or keep you hanging on the line

In a world that don't know Romeo and Juliet
Boy meets girl and promises we can't forget
We are cast from Eden's gate with no regrets
Into the fire we cry

[Chorus:]
I'd die for you
I'd cry for you
I'd do anything
I'd lie for you
You know it's true
Baby I'd die for you
I'd die for you
I'd cry for you
If it came right down to me and you
You know it's true, Baby I'd die for you

I might not be a savior
And I'll never be a king
I might not send you roses
Or buy you diamond rings

But if I could see inside you
Maybe I'd know just who we are
'Cause our love is like a hunger
Without it we would starve

In a world that don't know Romeo and Juliet
Boy meets girl and promises we can't forget
We are cast from Eden's gate with no regrets
Into the fire we cry

[Chorus]

Anonymous said...

Quit scrubbin' the floor & give us an update!

Anonymous said...

why oh why was I expecting an update, LOL!?!?

Anonymous said...

If we promise to not torment you over your "twice a week/month/quarter" plan to update and we ensure that Chuckie the Worm doesn't leave you lyrics in lieu of actual comments, will you then update?! Please? Pretty please with a cherry on top? Perhaps if I threaten to inform the Cub Scout police of your lack of activities you have completed with your son?! How about then? Don't make me send you to your room with no bagels!!!!

Anonymous said...

Gung Fay Fat Choy...HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR. And, do you know what? IT IS THE YEAR OF THE PIG.

Anonymous said...

careful, before you know it it WILL be a month, lol!!