So I have 2 really sick kids! Hannah and Lauren both have the flu. Lauren started running a fever yesterday and was very lethargic(very unlike Lauren!) She had a fever all night and was in our bed coughing in my ear.....you gotta love that. Today she said her throat hurt a little, like she had a piece of hair in it(I'm guessing that was her way of telling me she had a scratchy throat) I called the doctor to make an appt., thinking for sure she had another bout of strep throat which would make the 4th time in 3 1/2 months. She didn't have strep but the doctor said she did have the flu and prescribed the RX Tamiflu. I had heard of tamiflu but had never been prescribed it. Apparently if you start taking it in the first 72 hours of the onset of flu-like symptoms it is supposed to lessen the severity of your symptoms. So she takes it twice a day for 5 days.
When we got home from the doctor, Hannah was laying on the couch, crying and complaining she didn't feel good. I took her temp and it was 103! Great, now I have 2 kids with the flu. I was able to call the doctor and get a second RX of tamiflu for Hannah. Both girls have been sleeping all evening.
There is nothing worse than when your kids are sick. I haven't seen Lauren this sick in a while. Even when she had strep she wasn't as out of it as she is now and Hannah is just weepy....I had Paul stop at the store on his way home to purchase Sprite, Airborne and Lysol!!!!! Andrew and I have already taken 2 doses of airborne already. Unfortunately that's our limit for today but I certainly don't want to get sick.
Say a prayer that we are all well soon(those of us that are sick) and that those of us that aren't won't be!
I know I will be in need of a bagel or coffee intervention soon!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh you poor thing!!! Hope those girls get better very soon and praying that no one else gets sick too!
Bagel intervention...anytime girlfriend! ANYTIME!
Ugggh, gotta love that flu, huh!? Keeping you all in my prayers for speedy recovery & staying well. I hope everyone is feeling up to a party on Friday too!
Hugs!!
Post a Comment