Monday, January 07, 2008

New Post for the New Year!

So, my New Year's resolution is to at least post once a week! If I post more than that.......consider yourself lucky!

Snow, Snow, Snow!!! It's everywhere. Now I don't hate the snow the way I hate the rain but this is the most snow we've seen since we moved here. Being born and raised in California, I'm a sunshine kind of girl. I don't particularly like snow sports, I'd rather be out on a boat. The kids love to play in the snow and build snowmen and have snowball fights but then they track the snow into the house and it's a big mess! Plus, for those of you who know my husband well you can imagine what he is like when it snows. The driveway has to be shoveled almost immediately and then the snow has to be pushed to where the drain is so that when it melts it will go down the drain. So all of us have had the opportunity to go out there and shovel snow. Good Times!

So although I don't hate the snow I am looking forward to my little trip to California next weekend. The weather might be crummy but it will be a nice break from the snow!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH

Anonymous said...

MY

Anonymous said...

GOSH!

Anonymous said...

An update...from pork!??
wooo-hooo!!

LOL

Yeah, I think if we did have a pevious life that pehaps I was a total CA beach girl. I hate the snow! Ok, I don't totally "hate" it, but I don't like it either. Have a fun trip, can't wait to hear about your adventures this time, lol!

Good to have you back! :o)

Anonymous said...

I love the snow but as all of you know I don't do the whole driving in the snow! Thankfully I have such good friends that are willing to pick me up! Hee Hee. However, when I can watch it fall and then the sun comes out and it glistens on the snow...now, that is beautiful...and let's not forget how dog-gone PRETTY all the TREES are with the snow on them!!! But, I will take the rain anyday. I can drive in rain! LOL.

I too am looking forward to my little California break this week...relaxing...maybe a hot tub with a glass of wine...gazing out at the ocean...no kids...no cooking...I will have my mother but that is a small price to pay for a little getaway!!!!!!

Oh, and P.S. Sooooo glad that you have committed to updating once a week. That is a great goal! Would you like to see my blog notebooks? Maybe give you some inspiration!!!

Anonymous said...

Once a week!
Seriously!
I will have to make it a habit to come here more often now.
Oh goody!

Love the snow!
I LOVE the snow!

~Karrilee~ from Abiding Love, Abounding Grace said...

Woot! An update... wow! I am not so much a Snow Bunny either - but I do love to look at it from the comfort of my living room?! I've never been an outdoors/skiing/snowboarding/sledding kind of girl... it's cold... and it's wet... uh - no thank you!? The kids love it though - and so I endure it for short periods of time... for the photo op's of course!?

As for posting once a week... great goal... and you know that now that you have put it out there - um - there are certain people who will gladly keep you accountable!

Good to have ya back in blogland!
Happy New Year!
~Karri~