Thursday, October 12, 2006

5 Weird Things

So, I was tagged to list 5 weird things about me. As so many of you know(i've seen the posts) this has taken me a while! After 3 days I was only able to come up with 3 so here's what I'm going to do. Three of these things are true and two are not. It will be up to you to decide which weird behaviors I hold dear!

1. I have a love for pens. I love a new pen! I have been known to even take pens that don't belong to me. When Paul and I sign documents at the title company, I always collect all the pens that are on the table. In fact after witnessing me collecting all the pens our realtor asked if I wanted his, of course!!! I played bunco with some friends and was told that I was supposed to leave the pen at the table when I switched tables...WHAT?! The pen goes with!

2. I have certain food issues. When I am eating breakfast, lunch or dinner and I have several items on my plate, I have to finish one item completely before I can go to the next and eat that. For example, if I am having chicken, vegetables and mashed potatoes, I will eat all of the potatoes before I go on to the next side. There is no particular order but there is definitely no food mixing.

3. I hardly ever use pencils to write with(hence my pen fetish) but if I do I have to use a wooden #2 pencil. I'm assuming this stems from all the tests you take as a kid when you have to fill in the little bubble and they insisted you had a #2 pencil, couldn't be a #1 or #3(is there such a thing?) So you can imagine how appalled I was when they came out with mechanical pencils!

4. I think I'm a little OCD. I have some issues when it comes to leaving the house after I have ironed or curled my hair. Before I leave the house I will check repeatedly to make sure I have unplugged the unit. It doesn't matter if I just checked it a second ago, I'll walk back in just to make sure I can see the cord dangling. This can be quite tiresome when I'm downstairs and have to run upstairs just to check again!

5. Often times when I am laying down and trying to relax, I will rub my foot back and forth. It's very calming for me. I know that is a little strange, but I've been doing it since I was a kid. I remember one time laying on my aunt's couch and they thought I was asleep(which I wasn't) and they were all laughing at the way my foot was moving, as if I was some freak! Go figure!

Ok, so that's it! Remember 3 are true and 2 are made up. Can you guess which ones ?

14 comments:

Corinna said...

OK, I have to say... now I know where my pens went! LOL

I say #3 and #4 are the "fake" ones... even I do #5... that isn't wierd!

~Karrilee~ from Abiding Love, Abounding Grace said...

Hey there...

OK - well - mine is a guess completely... but I would say #'s 3 & 5 are made up... Because, well - #'s 1, 2, & 4... (to quote Corinna, and for the record... "even I do that..." LOL!

~Karri~

Anonymous said...

What fun Kori!!! OK, let's see...
#1, the pencil thing, we have talked about, so I think I can say that is for sure one of your weird things. I also have a thing for pens.
#2, the food touching...while it sounds weird enough (my husband and one child does this a lot)...I think this one is a FAKE one.
#3, the pencils just screams FAKE to me. Although, I have to admit, I don't enjoy writing with a pencil unless it is extremely sharp. Once it gets dull, that just bugs me!
#4, the OCD thing is just close to my heart so my guess is that it is a real one. LOL. I also check things obsessively...hee hee...like doors that are closed...phones that are truly hung up...coffee pot turned off...etc. etc. etc. etc. LOL.
#5, the feet rubbing...that sounds just weird enough!! LOL. Of course, I like the hubby to rub my feet instead! :)

Anonymous said...

wow

The Beeler Family said...

allright big K, I think the pencil thing is fake & I think the food thing is fake.

I hope you are feeling better!!!

The Beeler Family said...

Ok, if you are well enough to go to a football game you are well enough to update! :o)

I have a present here for you!

Corinna said...

Are you feeling better???
hope so.
hugs!

Anonymous said...

I hope you are feeling better!!!!

And, if so, then how about an update? I am not sure I can sleep if I don't know the answers to your weird things!!!!

The Beeler Family said...

Are you EVER going to tell us what the real weird things are?????? I will make you share at dinner tommorow in front of everyone if you don't post it here, lol!

~Karrilee~ from Abiding Love, Abounding Grace said...

Another "Weird thing" is maybe her love of torturing people?! I'm just guessin'!??!??!

~Kar~

sandi said...

Ok I say #2 and 3, Of corse I'm totally guessing.... but, #2, is something my son and husband both do, so maybe......someone in your family does it and your trying to fake us out!! LOL. My husband and I both do #5, so it to could be a trick to!! k, I'm holdin out #2 and 3... yes, that's my final answer! LOL Oh yea, this is C's gal from somewhere in Cali.,

Anonymous said...

OMG-it's getting cloe to a WEEK since you gave us something to read!? Surely something has been going on at your house???

Anonymous said...

Almost Wednesday-where are you?! Is my phone harassment not working?! Maybe we'll have to hold your present hostage till you update....

Corinna said...

maybe she forgot her url addresss?
geesh!