Wednesday, January 17, 2007

More on the House

I know I've talked about the whole house thing several times but since it is all consuming for us right now I decided to post about it again!

This house is the bane of my existence! We had buyers who loved our home(who wouldn't, it's a steal of a price!) so they made an offer but it was contingent on the sale of their home. They have a home on Ustick and 10 mile. We agreed to the offer with the stipulation that if another offer came they would have 48 hours to release their contingencies or we could sell to another buyer. They agreed to that and we started the ball rolling. We are supposed to close on or before January 31st.

So a couple of weeks ago they paid $500 for a home inspection. Their home inspector was very nit-picky and since then we have paid $1,200 in some additional work they deemed necessary. On top of 4 months of mortgage that we have had to pay for this house we have also put in about 9,000 in misc. in order to have it "sell ready!" UGH!!!!!!!!

Last Friday night Paul told me he had talked to our realtor and he said it looked like the deal might be falling through. Our buyers have not sold their house yet(surprise, surprise) and they are not sure if they want to try and get a bridge loan in order to purchase our home because they don't want to have 2 mortgages! Really? Why not? It's great paying out the nose!

So the long and short of it is this.....technically they have until the end of the month to make any decision. Their realtor has expressed the fact that they really want our home. He said they are in the process of deciding whether they want to give us $1,000 non refundable cash, each month for the next 2 months to cover part of our cost for the mortgage to give them more time to sell their home and hold ours for them. That wouldn't be so bad for us because at least we would have some money coming in. Our ultimate goal is to just be done with this house!

We are looking at other options as well. We've spoken to my parents about buying in if this deal doesn't work out and then renting the property. My dad is convinced that the market is just going to explode within the next couple of years. We'll see!

30 comments:

Natalie said...

This must be so difficult for you...I will pray that this house situation gets resolved quickly!

The Beeler Family said...

Oh Kori, I know this has been such a trying time for you guys. I hope that it will all be over soon & that ultimately you will be blessed! Sometimes it takes a VERY long time to see the blessings/rewards of our good deeds, but you will. :O)

Anonymous said...

You know I had to...

Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young
~Our House

I'll light the fire
You put the flowers in the vase
That you bought today

Staring at the fire
For hours and hours
While I listen to you
Play your love songs
All night long for me
Only for me

Come to me now
And rest your head for just five minutes
Everything is good
Such a cosy room
The windows are illuminated
By the sunshine through them
Fiery gems for you
Only for you

Our house is a very, very fine house
With two cats in the yard
Life used to be so hard
Now everything is easy
'Cause of you
And our la,la,la, la,la, la, la, la, la, la, la.....

Our house is a very, very fine house
With two cats in the yard
Life used to be so hard
Now everything is easy
'Cause of you
And Our

I'll light the fire
And you place the flowers in the jar
That you bought today

Anonymous said...

maybe this would be more appropriate, lol!?

Talking Heads
~Burning Down The House


Watch out you might get what you're after
Cool babies strange but not a stranger
I'm an ordinary guy
Burning down the house

Hold tight wait till the party's over
Hold tight We're in for nasty weather
There has got to be a way
Burning down the house

Here's your ticket pack your bag: time for jumpin' overboard
The transportation is here
Close enough but not too far, maybe you know where you are
Fightin' fire with fire

All wet hey you might need a raincoat
Shape down Dreams walking in broad daylight
Three hun-dred six-ty five de-grees
Burning down the house

It was once upon a place sometimes I listen to myself
Gonna come in first place
People on their way to work baby what did you except
Gonna burst into flame

My house S'out of the ordinary
That's right Don't want to hurt nobody
Some things sure can sweep me off my feet
Burning down the house

No visible means of support and you have not seen nothing yet
Everything's stuck together
I don't know what you expect staring into your TV set
Fighting fire with fire..

Anonymous said...

Elvis Presley
~Baby let's play house

Oh, baby, baby, baby, baby baby.
Baby, baby baby, b-b-b-b-b-b baby baby, baby.
Baby baby baby
Come back, baby, I wanna play house with you.

Well, you may go to college,
You may go to school.
You may have a pink cadillac,
But don't you be nobody's fool.

Now baby,
Come back, baby, come.
Come back, baby, come.
Come back, baby,
I wanna play house with you.

Now listen and I'll tell you baby
What I'm talking about.
Come on back to me, little girl,
So we can play some house.

Now baby,
Come back, baby, come.
Come back, baby, come.
Come back, baby,
I wanna play house with you.
Oh let's play house, baby.

Now this is one thing, baby
That I want you to know.
Come on back and let's play a little house,
And we can act like we did before.
Well, baby,
Come back, baby, come.
Come back, baby, come.
Come back, baby,
I wanna play house with you.

Yeah.

Now listen to me, baby
Try to understand.
I'd rather see you dead, little girl,
Than to be with another man.
Now baby,
Come back, baby, come.
Come back, baby, come.
Come back, baby, I wanna play house with you.

Oh, baby baby baby.
Baby baby baby b-b-b-b-b-b baby baby baby.
Baby baby baby.
Come back, baby, I wanna play house with you

Anonymous said...

another type of 'house' LOL...

The Commodores
~Brick House

Chorus:
She's a brick----house
Mighty might just lettin' it all hang out
She's a brick----house
The lady's stacked and that's a fact,
ain't holding nothing back.

She's a brick----house
She's the one, the only one,
who's built like a amazon [pronounced am-a-ka-zawn]
We're together everybody knows,
and here's how the story goes.

1. She knows she got everything
a woman needs to get a man, yeah.
How can she lose with what she use
36-24-36, what a winning hand!

Chorus

2. The clothes she wears, the sexy ways,
make an old man wish for younger days
She knows she's built and knows how to please
Sure enough to knock a man to his knees

Chorus

Bridge

Shake it down, shake it down now (repeat)

Anonymous said...

you may be in trouble here, do you have any idea how many "house" songs there are out there? LOL!

Anonymous said...

Big House
by Audio Adrenaline

I don't know where you lay your head
or where you call your home
I don't know where you eat your meals
or where you talk on the phone
I don't know if you got a cook
a butler or a maid
I don't know if you got a year
with a hammock in the shade

I don't know if you got some shelter
say a place to hide
I don't know if you live with friends
in whom you can confide
I don't know if you got a family
say a mom or dad
I don't know if you feel love at all
but I bet you wish you had

[PRE-CHORUS]
Come and go with me
to my Fathers house
Come and go with me
to my Fathers house

[CHORUS]
It's a big big house
with lots and lots a room
A big big table
with lots and lots of food
A big big yard
where we can play football
A big big house
Its my Fathers house

Ibidibidee bop bop bow whew! yeah!

All I know is a big ole house
with rooms for everyone
All I know is lots a land
where we can play and run
All I know is you need love
and I've got a family
All I know is your all alone
so why not come with me?

[REPEAT PRE-CHORUS]
[REPEAT CHORUS]
[REPEAT PRE-CHORUS]
[REPEAT CHORUS]

Anonymous said...

What, are you avoiding us now!? We had the impromptu bagels, tried to get you there & you didn't answer any of your phones-and you didn't show up! :O(

Obvisouly you were not at home updating this dang blog either. Do you have another "secret" blog that you're not sharing with us & that's where you do all your updating? Secret blogs are fun, LOL!

Anonymous said...

OK, bacon-lover what the hell??? WHere were your little pork ass today?!? We waited and waited and waited....until we literally couldn't wait anymore for fear that we would float away from hunger. Of course, miss "You-Never-Call-To-Tell-Me-When-You-Get-Together-Last-Minute" never ever showed up...rrrrr....WHATever. We will get you back at scrapbooking Friday night by insisting...INSISTING...you whip up some of that magical chocolate milky way goodness!!!!!!!!! So there.

Anonymous said...

Hey Na, I think she should make us the regular rice krispies, the caramel brownies & the candy bar krispies!!! Yum! We can call her house "porkies" LOL.

Anonymous said...

1. 36-24-36...LOL. OKKKKK. WHATever.
2. I believe that we are on day 8 without that second update. See what happens when you verbalize ANYTHING with this group???
3. You missed bagels yesterday afternoon...yummmmmyyyy bagggeeellls with lovely cream cheese and diet coke disgused as coffee...see, you missed it all. Now, tell me, Pork was it worth it???
4. OK, house of porkies...I like that. I say, if she had to choose, let's say just ONE item I would say the candy bar krispies. THey are buttery delicious. I"ll bake some cookies...I can also bring a bag of peanuts or something! :)
5. You ARE coming tonight to cub scouts right?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Please say you are!!! It is at Hunter tonight instead of the church! YEAH. Why couldn't it be there the scary-deadly night it snowed like a blizzard?!?!?
6. Chuck: what about the song that goes "our house...in the middle of the street...our house..."

Anonymous said...

You mean this one??? LOL!

Talking Heads
~Our House

Our house, in the middle of our street
Our house, in the middle of our

Our house, in the middle of our street
Our house, in the middle of our

Father wears his Sunday best
Mother's tired she needs a rest
The kids are playing up downstairs
Sister's sighing in her sleep
Brother's got a date to keep
He can't hang around

Our house, in the middle of our street
Our house, in the middle of our

Our house it has a crowd
There's always something happening
And it's usually quite loud
Our mum she's so house-proud
Nothing ever slows her down
And a mess is not allowed

Our house, in the middle of our street
Our house, in the middle of our...

Our house, in the middle of our street
Our house, in the middle of our...
Something tells you that you've got to get away from it

Father gets up late for work
Mother has to iron his shirt
Then she sends the kids to school
Sees them off with a small kiss
She's the one they're going to miss
In lots of ways

Our house, in the middle of our street
Our house, in the middle of our...

I remember way back then when everything was true and when
We would have such a very good time such a fine time
Such a happy time
And I remember how we'd play simply waste the day away
Then we'd say nothing would come between us two dreamers

Father wears his Sunday best
Mother's tired she needs a rest
The kids are playing up downstairs
Sister's sighing in her sleep
Brother's got a date to keep
He can't hang around

Our house, in the middle of our street
Our house, in the middle of our street

Our house, in the middle of our street
Our house, in the middle of our ...

Our house, was our castle and our keep
Our house, in the middle of our street

Our house, that was where we used to sleep
Our house, in the middle of our street

Our house, in the middle of our street

Natalie said...

OK fake-pork = chicken...I'm terribly bummed and sooo not looking forward to attending the ever-riveting cub scout pack meeting. I mean, who will applaud with me when they open that stupid box of laundry detergent??!? Or, struggle to hear the boys recite a joke in the microphone? Huh? Huh? So, turkey bacon...I'm goin' in alone man. Thanks. Really, thanks.

And, yes, Chuck that was the song!

Natalie said...

OK pork, so guess what? It is 7:40pm and I am...HOME...that's right, I talked Larry into going with promises of me doing the dishes and making the kids lunches for him tonight. IMO, that was a more than fair trade. Hee Hee.

Anonymous said...

Okay, just making sure there's no new update yet, lol! what kind of super yummy dessert are you making us tonight? I can't wait to find out-YUM!

~Karrilee~ from Abiding Love, Abounding Grace said...

Hey there?! OK... now even I am starting to wonder where the update is?!

So... "Chuck"... I can't believe you didn't include this song...

PINK HOUSES

There's a black man
with a black cat
livin' in a black neighborhood
He's got an interstate
runnin' through his front yard
You know he thinks that
he's got it so good
& there's a woman in the kitchen cleanin' up the evenin' slop
& he looks at her and says,
"Hey darlin', I can remember
when you could stop a clock."

Oh but ain't that America
for you & me
Ain't that America
somethin' to see baby
Ain't that America
home of the free
Little pink houses
for you & me

There's a young man
in a t-shirt
Listenin' to a
rockin' rollin' station
He's got greasy hair,
greasy smile
He says, "Lord
this must be my destination."
'Cause they told me
when I was younger
"Boy you're gonna be president."
But just like everything else those old crazy dreams
Just kinda came & went

Oh but ain't that America
for you & me
Ain't that America
somethin' to see baby
Ain't that America
home of the free
Little pink houses
for you & me

Well there's people
& more people
What do they know know know
Go to work in some high rise
& vacation down at the
Gulf of Mexico
Ooh yeah
& there's winners & there's losers
But they ain't no big deal
'Cause the simple man baby
pays for the thrills,
the bills, the pills that kill

Oh but ain't that America
for you & me
Ain't that America
somethin' to see baby
Ain't that America
home of the free
Little pink houses
for you & me


Or maybe in all this silence and not updating... this one is more like it:

GHOST IN THIS HOUSE

I don't pick up the mail
I don't pick up the phone
I don't answer the door
I'd just as soon be alone
I don't keep this place up
I just keep the lights down
I don't live in these rooms
I just rattle around

I'm just a ghost in this house
I'm just a shadow upon these walls
As quietly as a mouse
I haunt these halls
I'm just a whisper of smoke
I'm all that's left of
two hearts on fire
That once burned out of control
You took my body and soul
I'm just a ghost in this house

I don't care if it rains
I don't care if it's clear
I don't mind staying in
There's another ghost here
He sits down in your chair
And he shines with your light
And he lays down his head
On your pillow at night

I'm just a ghost in this house
I'm just a shadow upon these walls
I'm living proof of the damage
Heartbreak does
I'm just a whisper of smoke
I'm all that's left of
two hearts on fire
That once burned out of control
And took my body and soul
I'm just a ghost in this house
Oh, I'm just a ghost in this house

Prayin' for ya Kori! Hope you get to join the gang for scrapping fun tonight!

~Karri~

Anonymous said...

We could call your house so many things...
1. House of Pork
2. House of yummy buttery chocolate piggy-ness.
3. Or, House of angry Hoo-Haa's.

Did you notice anything yet Pork? Did you spot or find the whatever it was that Chuckie did last night????

Anonymous said...

I love in the beginning we leave you all nice, caring type comments...now, 19 comments later it is smack, smack, and more smack.

Anonymous said...

Oh sure, go around posting cheers for all to see, but no update here yet!? And, after you blew us off today!? You missed out on BIG fun today my friend, BIG, BIG fun!!

Anonymous said...

maybe pork meant that she would post twice in one MONTH rather than twice in one week?! LOL! Come on, we miss porky!!!

Anonymous said...

ummmm..... hello... oink oink!

YOU SUCK... no update before you leave! What... are you going for the most comments ever!

Geesh!

Hope you have a great time with your "other" friends... you will be missed... and it was a bummer that you didn't make it for EE's house of gluttony on Tuesday.
Chow!

Anonymous said...

Jimmy Buffet
~Where's the party?

Every night the stars come out to light another town
Just because I'm lonely doesn't mean that gets me down
I cruise the local drive-in watching lovers holding hands
Like movie stills of Coupe de Villes and Japanese sedans

[Chorus:]
Where's the party?
Where's the party?
Everybody I know say they expect me to go to the party

Sometimes I wish the radio would learn another song
I'd stay at home and watch TV if there was something on
But why should I get all dressed up when there's no place
to go
Still everybody looks at me as if they think I know

[Chorus]

Everybody I see say they expect to see me at the party

I could stay here all night long
Wait for her to call
Or I could put my walkman on
And never care at all
Still every night the stars come out to light
another town
Just because I'm lonely doesn't mean that gets me down

[Chorus]

Everybody I know say they expect her to show at the party

Hope you are having fun in CA, we'll miss you tonight!!

Anonymous said...

Hurry home pork, you're missing all the fun here!!!

No Mercy
~Baby Come Back

Spending all my nights, all my money going out on the town
Doing anything just to get you off my mind
But when the morning comes, Im right back where I started again
Trying to forget you is just a waste of time
Baby come back, any kind of fool could see
There was something in everything about you
Baby come back, you can blame it all on me
I was wrong, and I just cant live without you
All day long, wearing a mask of false bravado
Trying to keep up a smile that hides a tear
But as the sun goes down, I get that empty feeling again
How I wish to God that you were here
Baby come back, any kind of fool could see
There was something in everything about you
Baby come back, you can blame it all on me
I was wrong, and I just cant live without you
Now that I put it all together
Give me the chance to make you see
Have you used up all the love in your heart
Is there nothing left for me?
Is there nothing left for me?
Baby come back, any kind of fool could see
There was something in everything about you
Baby come back, you can blame it all on me
I was wrong, and I just cant live without you
I was wrong, and I just cant live
Baby come back, any kind of fool could see
There was something in everything about you
Baby come back, you can blame it all on me
I was wrong, and I just cant live without you
Baby come back

Anonymous said...

Are you back yet? Waiting to hear all about the trip!!!

Anonymous said...

ok, so it's me again, lookig for that update still, lol! Did you see how many times I've posted on this ONE entry? Maybe I will leave another house song for you...maybe some random song, who know's.

I have a suggestion, make a list of 10 things that you like to eat, make you crazy, favorite places to shop, something like that!? It would be something at least, lol!? Give us something pork!!

Anonymous said...

I got my first real six-string
Bought it at the five-and-dime
Played it till my fingers bled
It was the summer of 69

Me and some guys from school
Had a band and we tried real hard
Jimmy quit and jody got married
I shoulda known wed never get far
Oh when I look back now
That summer seemed to last forever
And if I had the choice
Ya - Id always wanna be there
Those were the best days of my life

Aint no use in complainin
When you got a job to do
Spent my evenins down at the drive-in
And thats when I met you

Standin on your mamas porch
You told me that youd wait forever
Oh and when you held my hand
I knew that it was now or never
Those were the best days of my life

Back in the summer of 69

Man we were killin time
We were young and restless
We needed to unwind
I guess nothin can last forever - forever, no

And now the times are changin
Look at everything thats come and gone
Sometimes when I play that old six-string
I think about ya wonder what went wrong

Standin on your mamas porch
You told me it would last forever
Oh the way you held my hand
I knew that it was now or never
Those were the best days of my life

Back in the summer of 69

Anonymous said...

OK PORK you are home.... what up!?

Anonymous said...

Bacon
~Noodle Muffin

Oh, when you meet the Man With Bacon
You know he makes the world go round
So little pig, be not mistaken
He'll bless the world with stones and pounds

So, when you meet the Man With Bacon
Watch your back and don't sleep sound
For if he catches you unawakened
He'll serve you fried or ground

And make the world round
He'll make it go round
He'll make it go round
He'll make it go round

(Repeat)

Oh, serve me up some eggs and bacon
I don't think you understand
I just want some eggs and bacon
I'm not interested in SPAM

Oh, serve me up some eggs and bacon
I don't think you understand
I just want some eggs and bacon
I'm not interested in SPAM
(Repeat Main Verse)

Anonymous said...

Look, I'm number 30!!

Brooks & Dunn
~Beer Thirty

I got a six pack, got a single stem rose
My baby's dressed up she's raring to go
I got a Jones for the moon and the jukebox
I like to two step she likes to rock
That clock on the wall it rings, it chimes
It's beer thirty, a honky tonk time

Life's too short, let's get to livin' it
Let's give it all we can give it
Let your hair down, turn the music up
We gonna paint the town flat, tear it up
The party starts here get in line
Beer thirty a honky tonk time

I put in my four day
I'm going home
Lord my get-up has got up and gone
Got my paycheck I'm on my way
It's finally Friday my kind of day
I punch the clock, I hit the road flying
It's beer thirty, a honky tonk time

Yeah life's too short, let's get to livin' it
Let's give it all we can give it
Let your hair down, turn the music up
We gonna paint the town flat, tear it up
The party starts here get in line
It's beer thirty a honky tonk time

Yeah life's too short, let's get to livin' it
Let's give it all we can give it
Let your hair down, turn the music up
We gonna paint the town flat, tear it up
The party starts here get in line
It's beer thirty a honky tonk time
It's beer thirty a honky tonk time