I'm a little behind in posting about this particular subject since my friends here have already posted on this!
Last week one of my friends called me and told me she had a little business proposition for me. She is one of the friends that I scrapbook with and hang out with here! She is a great person and ultra creative. Anyway, she was asked to lead a creative design team at one of the scrapbook stores here in Boise. She called me and asked if I would like to be a part of that team.
I have to tell you that I was very flattered and humbled by the fact that she would ask me to be a part of her team. As most of my friends and family know, I've been scrapbooking since Hannah was a year old but I've done it as a hobby because I love it. In recent years the scrapbooking industry has just taken off and I've always felt a little behind in my creative abilities to keep up with all the great new stuff.....I like to call it "embellishment challenged!"
Since meeting and becoming friends with this group of gals, I've been able to learn so much from watching them scrapbook. They are all very creative and their layouts are equally unique! I've been able to get over my "fear" of embellishments and just go for it. I've enjoyed all of our nights getting together and scrapbooking and learning.
So when Corinna asked me to consider this I was so excited. There was also the added bonus of making a little money from each layout. Of course I wanted to call Paul and ask him what he thought...................What was I thinking?! He thought that I was talking about a "job" where I would be making tons of money (foolish man!) He supported whatever decision I made but was wondering if this is what I would be doing when I actually went back to work. Nice!
Now this design team is off and running. We got together at my house Friday night to create some layouts. It was a lot of fun. Of course there was fabulous dessert and lots of laughs. I appreciated all the tips I got and was very proud of the 10 layouts I created. I've posted a couple for you to see.
7 comments:
Your layouts are fantastic Pork! I would say you are definitely not embellishment challenged! 10 PAGES!!!! Holy Pig! That rocks girlfriend!!!!! Scrapbooking at your house is always a delight...funny, good desserts, and great kitchen staff. So glad we are able to "work" together on this team! It'll be a F-U-N ride for sure................!!!
go pork, go pork!!
You are doing a great job & I'm so excited that you're part of the team. Now you get to play with the ugliest paper bucket can find too, LOL!!!
Thanks again for hosting Friday night-you rock! :o)
Wow great job on the scrapbooking! Do you think you can come visit us and help me out with page 2? And no I didn't start a new scrapbook I'm talking about the one I started at your scrapbooking workshop 3 years ago! hahaha HELP! If you're embellishment challenged then there really is no hope for me!
LOL.... holy pig! ROTF!
You will be an awesome team player! You are off to a great start! And I am the lucky one that you accepted!!!!
Kris, there is always hope... get some scrap mags, look for some online communitee's to get involved with. Creativity expands and spreads... just go for it! YOU CAN DO IT!!!
We're In The Money~
Annie, Peggy, Lorraine, Phyllis, Billy and Ensemble:
- I got it!
- Well, what is it?
- A penny, a nickel...
- You got hold yo' horses and let me get the dough off!
A dime!
We're in the money,
We're in the money;
We've got a lot of what it takes to get along!
We're in the money,
The sky is sunny;
Old Man Depression, you are through,
You done us wrong!
We never see a headline
'Bout breadline, today,
And when we see the landlord,
We can look that guy right in the eye .
We're in the money
Come on, my honey
Let's spend it, lend it,
Send it rolling around!
All:
We're in the money,
We're in the money;
We've got a lot of what it takes to get along!
We're in the money,
The sky is sunny;
Old Man Depression, you are through,
You done us wrong!
We never see a headline
'Bout breadline, today,
And when we see the landlord,
We can look that guy right in the eye.
Look that guy right in the eye-
Look that guy right in the eye-
We're in the money
Come on, my honey
Let's spend it, lend it, send it-
Let's spend it, lend it, send it
Rolling, rolling-
Rolling around!
Additional Verse
Gone are my blues,
And gone are my tears;
I've got good news
To shout in your ears.
The silver dollar has returned to the fold,
With silver you can turn your dreams to gold.
Thanks for the encouragement Corinna. Kori was the one who tried to get us involved with scrapbooking. And now that she left us...well I have an album with a lot of blank pages. LOL I'll take your good advice and try to tap in to some creative resources! Thanks!
What, you too busy with ALL the kiddies home for lovely spring break to update?!?!?! You are down ONE you know...!
Post a Comment