Thursday, March 29, 2007

Family

Finally found some time to sit at the computer, check some blogs and update my own! I've been wanting to do this post all week but you've gotta love spring break!

So, we had a very nice weekend. My aunt(mom's sister) celebrated her 60th birthday. In honor of the occasion, both of my uncles flew in to be here. My uncle Bill and his wife came from California and my uncle Michael came from Texas. It was our own little family reunion. It was great for my mom to be with all of her siblings again.




It got me thinking about family. How different each person in a family can be and yet in so many ways they are one. Over the years my mom and her brothers and sister have lived in different places and gone through different life changes and yet they are still bound together, sharing memories and love. It made me so grateful to have family, immediate and extended. It was great to sit around and reminisce, pull out old pictures, talk about who looks like who. It was a very wonderful weekend.




I feel blessed to have the family that I do, with all our flaws. The Lord puts our families together, knowing just the right blend for each!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love family, i honestly can't get enough of mine. my sis is here to visit fin and i don't want her to leave. family is so important, i'm glad that you are so close with yours.
loves
nic

Anonymous said...

will you email me your address so i can send out my very belated thank you card. nicolemstern@hotmail.com.
thanks:)

Anonymous said...

I love your outlook on the subject of families...

Anonymous said...

Cute pic's, I love the one of you & Matt. :O)