It's been a crazy last few days! My dad had surgery on Wednesday and the surgery went very well (thanks to all of you who prayed for him) however he continued to run a fever up until Saturday so that was a little nerve-racking. They did release him yesterday morning and he is home resting!
Then Thursday night, my dear friend Darcie gave us a little scare going into the hospital to have her appendix removed and a tumor (her alien baby!) I was able to help out by relieving Na and staying with Darcie's girls over night. Then Mops on Friday morning without Darcie and nothing set up.....Good Times! The highlight was our wonderful talk from the organization guru Na!
That brings us to Saturday......my son complains he doesn't feel well after church. He decides it's because he is hungry and proceeds to finish most of his dinner. That night at 12:38pm (yes, I remember the exact time!) he wakes us up to tell us he had thrown up. Of course Paul doesn't budge, so I proceed to pull myself out of bed, down the hall into Andrew's room where I find that my son had not made it to the bathroom. He has thrown up all over his bed! Plus, by the time he had made it to the bathroom, he threw up in the sink and not the toilet! Again, Good Times! So after nearly vomiting myself, I bucked up and went through the disgusting and tedious job of cleaning up the mess! I made him scoop the puke out of the sink(is that being a bad mom? I'm sorry but it was hard to have a lot of compassion here!) I finally get back to bed and Lauren comes into the room. I took my pillow and headed to her room! The joys of motherhood.
So today, I'm tired, I'm a little nauseous myself and I'm just trying to regroup. Only 2 1/2 days of school this week and then the start of the holidays. Hopefully this wasn't a preview of what is to come!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Don't you love when the men, act like they hear nothing!! LOL!! Hope Andrew is feeling better! Glad to hear your father is home! Now if your father and Darcie both recup., soon, that will be great!! Hope you aren't getting the bug!! Take some extra vitamen C, and pray!! LOL!! Talk soon.
Hugs Sandi
Ahhh Pork, what a few weeks you have been having! I'm glad to hear your dad is home again & recovering well. Hopefully he will take it easy long enough to actually recover, lol!
Thanks sooo much for jumping in to help out Thursdy night, stuff like this alway happens when Dan is ot of town. :o( Glad to he that mops went well despite the set-backs, it sounds like everyone loved na-I'm sad I missed it!
Ahhh, the vomiing-fun stuff. I hope your kiddos figure out where the toilet is soon!! Hope you're feeling better too, you probably just need some good rest!
Ah, Pork...I hate cleaning up the puke too. I call for Larry who gets to do the clean up (talk about a bad mom! LOL) because I will literally gag if I smell, see, or have to touch throw up. YUCK.
So glad that your dad is finally home!
Missed you at bagels this morning...see you soon...pray for a healthy holiday season because here we gooooooooooooooooooo.
Wow!? Another update... and so soon?!
Glad to hear that your Dad is home and recovering... we will continue to pray! I was so happy to hear that you were able to stay with the girls while Darcie was in the hospital... I am sure it was scary for them and to have you there must have helped calm them tremendously!
I will be praying that you feel better soon... double up on your vitamins... pop an airborne or two... maybe get some silver! Oh yeah, and try to rest... (I know - the day before Thanksgiving... but give it a try?!)
~Karri~
Hello, Where u at? Hope all is going well!!
Happy Thanksgiving,
Hugs, Sandi
Hello out there!! THinking of you!! GIve me something to read!!
Hugs!!
This is great info to know.
Post a Comment