Today is my Grandpa's birthday. This is my mom's dad. Of course I am just putting his card in the mail today even though I've had it almost a year, it seems the days just sneak up on you.
My grandparents live in Beebe, Arkansas(just right outside of Little Rock). They have lived there all my life but we were fortunate to be able to see them at least once a year sometimes every other year. They are the type of grandparents every child should be blessed to have. I only wish we lived closer. I did live close to my dad's parents but they weren't the best grandparents and I often found myself wishing I could make them trade places!
About a month ago my grandparents came to visit. It was such a blessing. My grandpa is 83 today and hates to fly but he wanted to come and see where we all lived here in Idaho. It was a such a nice time getting to be with them and having the kids spend time with them. I told my kids how fortunate they were to have great-grandparents that they knew and could spend time with. It was just another reminder of how special family is and how we should treasure every moment we have with them.
Happy Birthday Grandpa! I love you very much!
7 comments:
I will hide my shock at yet another update by commenting on what a GREAT photo that is of you and your grandfather!
What brought your mom to California? And, what made them good grandparents? (Yes, I'm interested in that kind of stuff!)
When I was growing up I had only one set of grandparents (maternal)...my paternal grandparents died when my dad was a teenager...and my grandfather had died when I was in MY teens but I had an awesome grandmother! It makes me kinda sad to see my kids with only one grandparent left.
Happy bithday to your grandfather!
Sweet picture!! And to think, I clicked on to leave smart alec remarks about updating lol. Guess I better go post something soon....
I think that's great!! It is awesome that you are that close to your grandparents!! The picture of the two of you is so cute!! That's way cool, he flew out to see you last year, and he hates to fly, 83, and he flew to see ya'll!! TOOOOOO COOOOOOOL!! Happy Birthday!!
happy birthdday grandpa!
you reminded me to give my grandparents a call. it's hard living far away from them knowing that we only get to see each other 1 maybe 2 times a year.
it also makes me wish our parents lived closer.
glad to see you posting a little more often.
loves
nic
Hey Kori, what's happening? How was your gals dinner? Hope you all had fun!!
Hugs, your new frend, Sandi
Sorry to hear your Dad had to have surgery! But, I am glad he is doing so well!!
Hugs, I will keep him in my prayers!!
Happy belated birthday Kori's Gramps.
Pork I am so proud of you... updating your blog! You go girl!
Post a Comment