Thursday, November 29, 2007

New Post

Ok, so I was on a role and now it's been a week and a half. Darcie reminded me to update when she told me she was going to leave some smack on my blog but her computer kicked her off......ha ha! That's what you get for trying to leave smack!

Not much been going on lately. I've been trying to honor my husband and his desire for me to not spend money so needless to say I've been spending a lot of time at home. Don't get me wrong, I love being at home. There is something gratifying about having a clean house, laundry done, cards sent out, Christmas presents wrapped kind of life, but sometimes it's a little boring! I'm even looking forward to the PTA meeting at the kid's elementary school tonight just so I can get out! I know, it's pathetic. Despite all the time I've had at home there are still so many little things around the house I know I can be doing. There's journaling I could be doing in my scrapbooks but I've also been busy embroidering 7 (large patterned) tea towels for our Mops steering team.

In light of our "financial conservation" Paul and I have decided not to exchange Christmas gifts. I have to say that ever since I quit work, it's always been a little weird for me to buy him gifts anyway. I mean, it is both of our money but he's the one out there pulling in the paycheck, so really I'm just purchasing something he could purchase himself. The kids usually make us something at school but maybe I will have them pick one thing out that they can give their dad from all 3 of them.

That's all for now.......bring on the smack!

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do love staying at home! I hate it when I have a ton of errands to run! I've been meaning to get to the store all week and I'm just too lazy to actually go!

As for exchanging gifts with one another...Larry and I stopped when I was pregnant with Josh and shortly after when I left my job and money was tight. Honestly, I like it because it makes me focus less on "stuff" and that is where I ultimately want to get to.

We've talked about this...LOL...but, the whole job thing...I look at it like this: We are married and therefore a TEAM. He goes out and works everyday and I take care of the kids, make sure there is food to eat, everyone has clean clothes, and that our house is a home. Working as a team and having respect for one another makes this work, I think, for us.

Saving money is good! My husband is on this crazy kick to save a certain amount by the end of winter!!! Crazy man.

Glad to see you updated! Are you scrapbooking on Friday?

The Beeler Family said...

Damn, I waited too long!!! Oh well, good to see an update anyway lol.

I guess I'll see ya at the pta eeting, whoop-de-do! :op

~Karrilee~ from Abiding Love, Abounding Grace said...

Yeah... an update!!!

I can so relate to the whole gift buying issue! Dave and I stopped buying each other gifts for Christmas years and years ago... we just fill each others stockings and that works out great! Na said it well - you are a TEAM so of course it is not his paycheck as much as it is the teams' paycheck! I think it is easier to feel and think that way as long as your hubby confirms that and supports your staying home!

We are really trying to cut back on the gift buying frenzy... I am tired of buying gifts just for the sake of giving something and having the item quickly forgotten and pushed aside. Our family on both sides are all honestly so blessed that there is very little need and while Christmas is not all about meeting the 'need' only, we are wanting to budget in some spending money to give to someone who has some serious NEED over want this year! We give each year to some degree - but we are in agreement this year that we want to give out more to those who really need it!

I am in the process of writing our Christmas letter and would LOVE to be where you are already: "having a clean house, laundry done, cards sent out, Christmas presents wrapped"... you and Na!? It is almost unnatural!? But - my goal is still a week or so off and I am sure I will make it with plenty of time to relax and enjoy the Season!

Thanks for the update... see? No smack (so far!)
~Karri~

Anonymous said...

December

Third


that's all I'm sayin....

Anonymous said...

Ummmm, it's not really a "new" post anymore...

Anonymous said...

I updated twice today & may even have a thrid before the day is done, lol.

~Karrilee~ from Abiding Love, Abounding Grace said...

Right... OK - so you were smack free... but the very title of your last post is now BEGGING for smack girlie?! Give us SOMETHING?!?!

~Karri~

Anonymous said...

possible topic to blog for you....

~insanity of making tea towels for the whle flippin steering team

~yummy cookies 101

~the dentist & his torture practices

~10 christmas favorites

~places to send kids during christmas break so you don't loose what's left of your mind

Look, I gave you 5 already, pick one, lol!!

Anonymous said...

Christmas shopping...

Tree trimming...

Santa visits....

tick tock

Anonymous said...

I know, talk about how we weren't "allowed" to go to the school sing along or how over the top your class party was, or how small my class party was!

Anonymous said...

All I want for christmas is for pork to update,
pork to update,
pork to update

lol...

Corinna said...

Merry Christmas Pork!

Anonymous said...

merry christmas pork!!

~Karrilee~ from Abiding Love, Abounding Grace said...

Seriously - there must be SOMETHING you need to blog about by now?!?!! Something?!!?!!

Hope you had a Merry Christmas!
~Karri~

Anonymous said...

you said you were going to update...

where are you?!

Anonymous said...

Happy new year pork!

new year new post? Anytime soon?

~Karrilee~ from Abiding Love, Abounding Grace said...

Alright Already... someone highjack this blog and update!!! I have SEEN photo's of Pork elsewhere... and there have GOT to be PLENTY of things to blog about by NOW?!!?!

Happy New Year...
(Give us something new to read!)

~Karri~

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year PORK!

OIK!!

Anonymous said...

You can always update with a "Newer Post" or, maybe "Newest Post"...

Anonymous said...

ya know what? It's been a while since I've had to do this, but you asked for it...



Never Say Goodbye
~Bon Jovi

As I sit in this smokey room
The night about to end
I pass my time with strangers
But this bottles my only friend

Remember when we used to park
On butler street out in the dark
Remember when we lost the keys
And you lost more than that in my backseat

Remember when we used to talk
About busting out - we'd break their hearts
Together - forever

Never say goodbye, never say goodbye
You and me and my old friends
Hoping it would never end
Never say goodbye, never say goodbye
Holdin' on - we got to try
Holdin' on to never say goodbye

Remember days of skipping school
Racing cars and being cool
With a six pack and the radio
We didnt need no place to go

Remember at the prom that night
You and me we had a fight
But the band they played our favorite song
And I held you in my arms so strong

We danced so close
We danced so slow
And I swore I'd never let you go
Together - forever

Never say goodbye, never say goodbye
You and me and my old friends
Hoping it would never end
Never say goodbye, never say goodbye
Holdin' on - we got to try
Holdin' on to never say goodbye

I guess you'd say we used to talk
About busting out we'd
break their hearts
Together - forever

Anonymous said...

Видео ютуб улётное http://youtu.be/knL93B57iiI
Прикольное видео секс http://youtu.be/X2sdWXysJIc
[youtube]knL93B57iiI[/youtube]
[youtube]X2sdWXysJIc[/youtube]
video youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/aeytovaresch/
Вот ещё прикольное Видео
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEjwkjE4SF8

video Видео фистинг ролики