Saturday, October 21, 2006

Good Times

Ok, so I know my previous post was me venting about my pre-teen daughter and I greatly appreciate the advice and empathy but I'm needing to vent a little more again!(I promise all my entries won't be like this.)

I have had a pretty crappy week. The worst part about it is that I've had to relinquish control of my schedule to unforseen circumstances! I hate relinquishing control! My entire week has been spent dealing with the house that has suddenly been dropped in mine and Paul's lap and that we are trying to sell. So all week I have been painting and cleaning in order to make the house presentable. We have replaced carpet, linoleum, baseboard, paint, electric outlets and several other things. My husband has tried, to no avail, to get the awful smell out of the garage. It is a mixture of dog urine(they had 2 dogs in the garage) and cigarette smoke(they didn't smoke in the house, only in the garage) He has powerwashed the floor several times, as well as plugged in air fresheners and nothing is working. Is it wrong to tell our realtor not to take any perspective buyers into the garage?! So, I didn't make it to bible study this week and I was mentally & physically exhausted by last night that I didn't make it to scrap either! I really wanted to scrapbook with friends, I needed the break.

Today was a better day. We started off by going over to the house to vacuum the new carpet and put electrical plates back on and do some yard work. Then we went to Hannah's last game cheering! After the game we headed over to Linder Farms Pumpkin Patch! This is the best pumpkin patch. We went there last year and loved it. First of all the most expensive pumpkin is only $4.00 and that's if it's over 20 lbs. Plus they have jumphouses, a corn maze, a hay maze, several tractor rides and food! We spent almost 2 hours there. We ended up with 6 pumpkins and some fabulous gourds that were only 25 cents each(one looks just like a swan) After the pumpkin patch we went out to dinner and then I came home hoping to go scrapbook tonight. My husband was going to take my in-laws home and then come home. Instead, he decided to go to Lowe's to spend more money and get more stuff for the house. By the time he got home I was more than burnt out and layed on the couch with Lauren until she fell asleep. Now it's 10pm and I decided to vent! I would much rather be with friends scrapbooking. You all have so much fun wherever you go and I'm just missing out! I'm hoping to join you all for bagels on Monday before I meet Paul to execute our wills! Good Times!

7 comments:

The Beeler Family said...

Hey, you changed your blog! We missed you lot's last night & wondered what the heck happened to you!! I hope you will finally come meet us for bagels tommorow instead of ditching us as usual, lol.

In the garage, paint the floor & walls with Kilz primer & then paint the floor with garage paint. That should cover it all up! We had to use kilz all over our house because of cat urine & cigarette smoke for the previous owners-yuck!

Hope you have a relaxing Sunday with NO drama!

Anonymous said...

Yes, we missed you both Friday and Saturday night!!!!! Girl, you NEED A BREAK! Hope to see you tomorrow morning! SMILES.

Anonymous said...

Wishing you Happy Days!!


Happy Days by Norman Gimbel and Charles Fox -

Sunday, Monday, Happy Days,
Tuesday, Wednesday, Happy Days,
Thursday, Friday, Happy Days,
Saturday, what a day,
Rockin all week with you.

This day is ours
Won't you be mine. (Oh Happy Days)
This day is ours (Oh Happy Days)
Oh please be mine.

Hello sunshine, goodbye rain,
She's wearing my high school ring on her chain.
She's my steady, I'm her man,
I'm gonna love her all I can.
(Chorus)
Gonna cruise her round the town,
Show everybody what I've found
Rock'n'roll with all my friends
Hopin' the music never ends.

These Happy Days are yours and mine (oh Happy Days)
These Happy Days are yours and mine (oh Happy Days)
These Happy Days are yours and mine, Happy Days.

Anonymous said...

Well, since you missed out on scrappin' yesterday, here's soem "yesterday" lyrics for you, lol!

Artist/Band: Nelson Willie
Lyrics for Song: Yesterdays Wine
Lyrics for Album: Other Songs
Miracles appear in the strangest of places
Fancy meeting you here
The last time I saw you was just out of Houston
Sit down, let me buy you a beer

Your presence is welcome with me and my friend here
This is a hangout of mine
We come here quite often and listen to music
Partaking of yesterday’s wine

Yesterday’s Wine, I’m yesterday’s wine
Agin’ with time, like yesterday’s wine

Yesterday’s Wine, well yesterday’s wine
Aging with time, like yesterday’s wine

You give the appearance of one widely traveled
I’ll bet you’ve seen things in your time
So sit down beside me and tell me your story
If you think you’ll like yesterday’s wine

Yesterday’s Wine, well yesterday’s wine
Aging with time, like yesterday’s wine

Yesterday’s Wine, well yesterday’s wine
Aging with time, like yesterday’s wine

Yesterday’s Wine, well yesterday’s wine
Aging with time, like yesterday’s wine

Anonymous said...

Hey Girlfriend,
I agree with Darcie about the Kilz and paint. It will work. Don't count the cost it will pay for itself in offers!!! YEA!!! We missed going with you guys to the pumpkin patch but we had a great time there as well. For the record, we love you guys too!! Thanks for the kind words, it was a balm to my soul after the lovely week we have endured with extended family drama!! Hi to all of you scrap gals, hope that you are all well and I already know that you are having fun! Have a great day!
Love Bon Bon

sandi said...

Gotta go with Darcie on this one Kilz, works great! It's a little expensive, but, it will pay off in the end. Sorry your week was so crazy. I hope this week treats you better!! Best of luck with the house!!

The Beeler Family said...

time to update...