Thursday, October 05, 2006

Goodbyes will be hard

Goodbyes are going to be hard!! Without going into a lot of details my sister-n-law and her family are moving back to California next week. Despite my very strong feelings regarding this entire situation, I'm now starting to grieve over not seeing her children. My children are also sharing in this. Lauren's best friend is Jane's daughter Madison. Not a day goes by when Lauren doesn't bring up Maddie's name. She adores her. They are only 9 months apart and have been very close. She will be devastated to not be able to go to Grandma's and play with Maddie or go to the park with Maddie. Then there is my niece Sara. Since moving here to Idaho, I have seen a change in Sara. A very positive change. She's dressing a lot more modest and she's hanging around with good girls at school. She's actually a pleasure to be around. Now she's going to be taken back to California to go to school with friends who are in gangs and be a full-time babysitter for her little sister and brother. My heart just aches for all 3 of these kids. Isn't it unfortunate that children are the ones that suffer when the parents make selfish and stupid decisions!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I sure feel for you and all you are going through. I hope you find some peace in all of this soon. I'm sure you and your family are going to miss those kids terribly!

The Beeler Family said...

Oh Kori, I'm so sorry to hear all this is happening. We'll keep praying for them & hope everything works out for the best.

Big hugs to your family!!!

Corinna said...

Yeah, goodbyes are hard. But sometimes necessary and very much a part of real life.
Prayers of comfort for your family.
Hugs!

Corinna said...

What you think because you are out of town no one is going dish out some smack... I think not!
Hope you had a great time, hurry home... give us some juicy update!

The Beeler Family said...

I agree C, I ma ready for an update! I don't think she get's in till Sun evening, but still?! Hope you had a GREAT time-miss you!

Corinna said...

ok.... it is Sunday... after 5.... are you home? What no update YET???
Good thing you are not paying to get all this smack (wink wink)

The Beeler Family said...

LOL~

100% FREE smack! :o)

Are you home yet?

Anonymous said...

We know you are back-where's our update!? I happen to know you're sitting around watching soaps instead of cathing up with your dear, long lost friends. ;o) See you in the morning for bagels, glad you're back!!!

Anonymous said...

Monday night....how long do you think you can ignore us, lol!?

Anonymous said...

Now, for the record, I had left you alone, knowing you were in SLC and all. However, since I saw you THIS MORNING and yet still no update...well, the smack has got to start.

Corinna said...

all I have to say is...
have you ever noticed....

@ <<---- doesn't this look like an ear?

ROTHFLMBO