Well it's coming to the close of the weekend and I thought I would update! Since there wasn't much response to my delicious brownie recipe, I'll shelf the recipes for awhile. LOL!
We've had a very nice quiet weekend. I think sometimes you need these types of weekends to regroup.
I had a nice meeting with my sister-n-law on Friday. After struggling with a lot of anger and resentment I felt it was time to give it to God. I did that on Wednesday and then called her and asked if we could get together and talk. This was big for me as I felt I had a reason to be upset with her and there are several reasons but my "righteous anger" wasn't doing my family or myself any good. We talked for over an hour, she apologized and I apologized for holding a grudge. We hugged and hopefully this will be a big step in moving forward in our relationship, Lord willing!
Yesterday I did a little bit of shopping by myself! How nice it is to shop without any kids or a husband asking, "Are you done yet?" I was able to get a few Christmas presents and some outfits for the kids for our family picture. All in all, I was very pleased with my purchases and everything was on sale, so Paul was pleased with that!
When I got home, Lauren was not feeling well. She's had a runny nose and cough for a few days but now she was really not feeling well. For those of you who know Lauren she was laying around, going in and out of sleep, definitely not herself. We went to dinner at Chuck-A-Rama for my mom's birthday and Lauren just layed on my lap the whole time. She wouldn't eat or drink and was complaining that her throat hurt. She was also running a fever. We went home and she fell asleep on the couch and we watched the movie "Dreamer" with the kids. A definite thumbs up family movie.
After a long night of Lauren not sleeping very well and running a fever, I took her to Urgent Care this morning. They did a throat culture and she has strep throat! So now I'm praying no one else in the family gets it. Both Andrew and I have had our tonsils removed but apparently you can still get it. So today has been pretty uneventful but I've been able to catch up on laundry and housework so that's a plus.
Looking forward to a busy and fun-filled week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
1. I thought your recipe sounded delish! Don't let the lack of comments stop you, however, you can see that doubleE doesn't let the sheer annoyance stop her from posting endless lyrics!
2. Poor Lauren...hope she is feeling better soon.
3. I am extremely impressed by your healing process with your SIL. WOW. Good for you!
Hey Kori,
Well, I guess we won't see you for bagels tommorow! :o( Bummer! I hope Lauren is feeling better soon, strep is no fun at all. Give her some hugs from us.
I love the recipe you posted-keep them coming I say, lol!
I am amazed by your grace, patience & forgiveness with your sil-good for you!! I hope that this will be a major turning point for her & then you can build a relationship together that is healthy & happy. :o)
OH no say it isn't so!!! I love you porky... but stay away!
Hey there...
Praying for you and your little family... how are you all feeling?! Just checkin' in!
Get Well!
~Karri~
Just rembering the banquet tonight, LOL!
AC/DC
Back in Black
Back in black, I hit the sack,
I've been too long, I'm glad to be back
Yes I'm let loose from the noose,
That's kept me hangin' about
I been livin like a star 'cause it's gettin' me high,
Forget the hearse, 'cause I never die
I got nine lives, cat's eyes
abusing every one of them and running wild
[Chorus]
'Cause I'm back! Yes, I'm back!
Well, I'm back! Yes, I'm back!
Well, I'm baaack, baaack...
Well, I'm back in black,
Yes, I'm back in black!
Back in a band,i got Cadillac,
Number one with a bullet, I'm a power pack
Yes I'm in a band with a gang,
they gotta catch me if they want me to hang
'Cause I'm back on the track and I'm beatin' the flack,
Nobody's gonna get me on another rap
So look at me now, I'm just a makin' my pay,
Don't try to push your luck, just get outta my way
[Chorus]
'Cause I'm back! Yes, I'm back!
Well, I'm back! Yeah, I'm back!
Well, I'm baaack, baaack...
Well, I'm back in black,
Yes, I'm back in black!
Let's go!
[Solo]
[Chorus]
Well, I'm back! Yes, I'm back!
Well, I'm back! Yes, I'm back!
Well, I'm baaack, baaack...
Well, I'm back in black,
Yes, I'm back in black-ow!
Aww yeah! Let's go!
Keep on goin'! Yeah yeah!
Yeah... aww yeah yeah!
Here we go!
[Chorus]
Well, I'm baaack... (I'm back!)
Baaack... (Well, I'm back!)
Baaack... (I'm back!)
Baaack... (I'm back!)
Baaack... (I'm back!)
Baaack...
Yes, back in black,
Yes, I'm back in black...
Outta sight!
We missed you yesterday! and just think... I found your purse! ha ha...
Really on a more serious note... how is your daughter?
And did you find the adhesive?????????????????????????????????
Please say YES!???!!!!???
weekends over, let's see an update!
Artist: Tom Johnston Lyrics
Song: Where Are You Tonight Lyrics
I want to know where are you tonight (tonight)
Tonight (tonight)
I want to know where are you tonight (tonight)
Tonight (tonight)
I've got to know (where are you) girl I've got to find you
I look at the moon and a single star
It's making me crazy wondering where you are
I reach out and touch that heavenly face
Open my hand and there's empty space
Oh no, where are you tonight (tonight)
Tonight (tonight)
I've got to know where are you tonight baby
The sink and the dishes spent the weekend there
Should clean up the place but I just don't care
Tonight I'll be talking to the moon and that star
Maybe they'll tell me where on earth you are
Oh no, where are you tonight (tonight)
Tonight (tonight)
I've got to know where are you tonight
Please believe me when you leave me
Keeps me worrying through the night
Worry baby makes me crazy
Can't tell wrong from right
Come to me tonight
I want to know where are you tonight (tonight)
Tonight
I'got to know where are you tonight (tonight)
Don't you hear me calling to you baby
Where are you tonight (tonight)
Tonight (tonight)
I'got to know where are you... baby
Where are you tonight (tonight)
I'got to know where are you tonight baby baby
You baby please hear just give me some kind of sound girl
baby of what you do to
Tick Tock
Quiet as usual here.....
Post a Comment